**Winter 2011 VBAC Hopefuls**

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Anyone out there due back end of this year and is hoping to have a VBAC?

Would love to share our journeys together and hopefully get the ending we want.

I'm Chele, 30 and due to have my second on November 16th. I had an emergency section at 37+3 as I had a failed induction, with reduced heart rate due to PET.

I'd love to VBAC this time!

Chele xxx

I am due the 29th of November with #2 as well. I am planning a HBAC. I transfer to hospital with my son after failing to dialate, and having really really long contractions. Plus my MW wasn't helping me with my labor as she should have. I fail to dilate with pit and an epi, and ended in a c-section. This time I have a new MW, and will have a doula, along with taking a class in every birthing method offered in Austin!!!

Congrats on your BFP

Wow you're getting a doula, that's great. Have you chosen/met her yet?x

No it seems most women wait till later in their pregnancy. Once I get past 12 weeks I will start looking. I really want to build a relationship with my doula, as I really have some trust issues surrounding birth since my last MW really let me down.

I'm 36 and I'm pregnant with #3. First child was neutral and the second was an emergency c-section. I labored the first time for 24 hours and the second was 27 hours. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to vbac or just schedule a c-section. I want to research vbac births more before I decide.

Do you guys no anyone who has done this?

Chele - she was just absent while I was laboring and having trouble. So when I started losing it we transferred. I think with proper support I would have been fine.

Lovingmom you should google the group ICAN. It's a support group for vbacs. Loads of positive information.

I'm 36 and I'm pregnant with #3. First child was neutral and the second was an emergency c-section. I labored the first time for 24 hours and the second was 27 hours. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to vbac or just schedule a c-section. I want to research vbac births more before I decide.

You mean had a natural then a section then a VBAC. Good luck with whatever decision you come to x

Chele - she was just absent while I was laboring and having trouble. So when I started losing it we transferred. I think with proper support I would have been fine.

Lovingmom you should google the group ICAN. It's a support group for vbacs. Loads of positive information.

Oh dear that's not good. I really believe the support is what helps. I truly believe my labour went titsup because of a certain midwife who came barging in and screwed everything up. I was calm before she arrived

I'll google that group too thanks x

Hi ladies, hope I can join. Am hoping for a VBAC with this bubba, EDD 23rd December, as I had an emergency C-section last time due to labour not progressing beyond 9cm (boo!) Consultant advised me that he could see no problem with attempting a VBAC next time though he did mention waiting 2 years :blush:

I will consider all my options and whatever is safer for myself and bubba will work for me, in the meantime I am researching VBAC's so that I can form a basis for my options.

You mean had a natural then a section then a VBAC. Good luck with whatever decision you come to x

I had one natural and one section. I am considering having a VBAC this time around. Only thing my doctor said is that my labors are so long and intense so it might be better to have a section. 27 hours of labor then trying to push is tough. By then your totally exhausted.

Hi girls!!! I'm due at the end of December and I'm considering a vbac. With Alia I never progressed past 5cm even with 26 hours of labour!!!

Im due 25th nov and hoping for a vbac i had a natural birth for my first at 9lbs 10 oz and a cs with my son who was 8lbs 9oz i only had a cs as they kept measuring my son as large even 2 days before his birth they thought he was 12lb
They got it so wrong
Well hoping to go natural this time as i really enjoyed the experience over a cs anyday

Wow I'm so bad at updating this thread. I hope everyone is well.

I was supposed to see my consultant at my 20 week scan but the hospital screwed it up and can't tell me when I am supposed to see him. Grrrr! So no idea what the plans are nearer the time. I see my MW in a few weeks and have to ask her what the hell is going on. I have so many questions!

My doctor told me I'm find to have a VBAC, he said it's no riskier than having a second planned c-section :flower:
I'm exciting to give vaginal child birth a go :D

I really hope you Get your VBAC!

I posted this in the home birth section, but wanted to post it here as well. I have also included some links on that thread that give loads of great info on gentle/family friendly c-sections.

I attended a birth circle yesterday. It was a small group of women who wanted to work through their first births, 4 out of 5 had c-sections, 3 unplanned. We all wanted to vbac. The leader suggested at some point during the workshop to plan a 2nd c-section. To really sit and think about if the situation arose again, how you would want it to be. I certainly didn't plan my first one, since I was having a home birth.

Since getting pregnant, there has been the fear in the back of my head about a 2nd c-section, and it all going wrong again, and being in that situation of no control again.

So I googled gentle c-section & family friendly c-section and started making a list. Half way though, I just felt this amazing weight off my shoulders. That bubble of fear and worry was leaving me. I felt like I have control, even it I don't have a choice in another c-section, I do have the right to say, this is how I want it to be. I feel better than I have in months, lighter and happier even.

So if you are planning a VBAC or an HBAC, I recommend you do the same ladies. Planning it doesn't make it happen, but it does give you some control back and release some fear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->