Winter maternity tops? (UK)

KerryGold

Leila's Mum & cookin' Pip
Reaction score
I started looking today as my DD was a summer baby so most of my mat clothes are short-sleeved.

So much stuff just looks very tent-like and as I'm petite, so not me.

Any good shop suggestions? The best place I found so far seems to be New Look.

xXx

Not from the UK but have you tried adding a fashion belt above your bump? I've found it helps add a bit more shape. Shirts with ruching down the sides help too and they expand with you.

Your short sleeved shirts with a cute sweater or bolero should work too!

New Look tends to be my favourite. H&M are not bad either.

Online Asos.com have a good selection.

Mothercare I found good for bras and nightwear but the clothes were too frumpy for my taste.

Can you layer up your summer stuff with cardigans and thick maternity tights or leggings and boots?

I'm just a cold soul. I'd be freezing in a t-shirt and cardi in the winter!

:dohh:

I don't mind buying a few bits but I want to pay sale prices for them! :haha:

xXx

Next have some pretty good maternity wear and ebay is always worth a look!

I am always freezing too and have had a hard time with the tops. I just bought a few pullover and zip-up hoodies from Old Navy because they had a 30% off sale. I was doubtful they would be super thin but they turned out to be ok...I hope. I know I will still need to layer and have been searching for maternity long john tops and can't find anything. It's so frustrating, as if pregnant ladies don't get cold too? :shrug: I figured the cheap sweatshirts and a few long john tops would be the cheapest way to go, I looked at other sites for actual thick sweaters and they all seem so pricey. And of course when the winter stuff finally comes out they won't be on sale for a while. >_<

ASOS has lots of lovely maternity clothes at the mo. Not at all tent-like :flower:

It's worth looking at jojomamanbebe. They have a sale on and their stuff is really reasonably priced (its cheaper than mothercare!)

Yeah, I do.like JMB. I have a lot of their nursing tops.

I think it's only summer stuff.in the sale though.

xXx

I was there yesterday and got a coat in the sale for £10 so there is a bit f a mix but its a good point. :)

H & M have a good summer range or stylish clothes so I'm going to pop back later in the year to have a look at their winter ones. I'm quite into altering clothes so I may just buy bigger clothes and fit them round my bump. Have to start soon thought, noticed for the first time this morning my jeans (stretchy ones!!) are getting tight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->