Wisdom teeth OUCH!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
My wisdom teeth are coming through. I've been having on and off pain for a month or so, but now OMFG! I'm about to die. I totally understand my little man being so cranky!
The one on my right side has poked through my gums and it's so sore and swollen and red, can there be infection too? is that possible? or is this just regular pain?

I remember the pain of my wisdom teeth coming through - OUCH!

Hope they dont take too long to come through :hugs:

I know exactly how you are feeling!! I am going through the same exact thing.. well it it not as bad as it was a few days ago, but the pain was so awful, it was keeping me up until four in the morning, three or four nights in the past week... I don't know about the whole infection thing, as I was thinking the same thing, but now my gums are not as bad as they were so I guess not!! Anyway, hope you find some relief there! :hug:

when my wisdom teeth came in the came in side ways so they were pushing in to my other teeth. u wana feel pain it was unbearable and i hate to live with that pressure in my gums on my teeth for like 3 months and OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG it was soo soo harsh and in march about 1 week 1/2 b4 my birthday (the begining of spring break) i got surgery done to get them removed it was horrible it totally screwed up my whole spring break. the first day i was dead i was so sore (didnt wana take pain killers) than the rest of the week it was soo horrid i lost 10pounds in 3 days because all i ate was yogert (your not aloud 2 eat solids) i mean really even ice cream was too hard for me to eat lol.. well any ways what i wanted to say is i totally no how u feel and have my greatest sympathy :hugs:

I've been very lucky with my wisdom teeth so far. 2 Of them are nearly full grown, other 1 is poking through and 1 came but seems to have gone again. So far it really hasn't been that bad. I've had a couple of days of sore gums on and off, but that's it! Apart from when I got in infection, but that was easily cleared with anti biotics =) I'm lucky to have loads of room though.

So yes, it is very possible to get an infection when/while they're coming through. The gum often sits lose on top of the tooth for a while, when it's like this it's very possible to get food stuck underneath it and have that rot causing an infection. If you're worried, go see your dentist. Mine was fantastic, just gave me antibiotics (double dose actually, as I was about to go on vacation) and told me to come back if it happened again. Said that if it happened twice he would write to the hospital for me and make an appointment to get them removed. Didn't want that though, so second time it started to get inflamed again I sort of didn't go back and just used salt mouth wash. Tastes awful, but works wonders!

Thanks so much girls. I'm gonna have to see my dentist if it's still like this! I'm afraid they're not coming through like they should. :dohh:

I've spent the entire night in pain until I decided to be bad and be a junkie (took some pain killers + sleeping pills) I needed to sleep so bad as we're moving and had loads to do today. I still feel like crap :( Thankfully my mom is taking care of Josh..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->