wisdom tooth

Quackquack99

Reaction score
Hi, my wisdom tooth is coming through but the gums surrounding is swollen and very sore. I can't eat on that side? Is there anything I can use to reduce the swelling or do I have to go to the dentist?

Ibuprofen should reduce the swelling as it's an anti inflammatory.

I love Aleve for tooth issues (just don't use if you're pregnant).

I have been using ibuprofen to no avail. I've just started with warm salt water but I doubt that would do anything. X

If its swollen i would go to a Dentist because you might need some Antibiotics. Mine coming through played me up for 2 years and then i finally had them removed lol x

I think you should go to the dentist so! That sounds awful! ughhh :hugs: I pity you hun!

Yeah you need to see a dentist, sounds like its probably Pericoronitis & need antibiotics, it can be very painful :( he will also be able to tell you if you need it removed or not.

I've called my dentist and can't get an appointment for 2 weeks! Could a doctor check to see if I need antibiotics because I am in pain. I miss food :(

I would not go to the doctors hun, they probs wont know the right antibiotics to give or if you need them etc...... if your in pain the dentist has to see you within 24 hours. Salt water mouth rinses might help a little

I have been using salt water, I'll be calling the dentist again tomorrow, my gum looks pink so I don't know if it is infected. I am looking forward to food instead of soup!

Yeah give them another ring, they have to see you. Bet its sore :( x

ETA - they have to see you only if your registered with them.

Can't you see an emergency dentist? I had some trouble with a tooth a while back and couldn't stand it anymore. My normal dentist couldn't see me so I phoned nhs direct and they told me about an emergency dentist who saw me that day. Might be worth a shot if the ibuprofen isn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->