• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wish I didn't go for a scan...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I went in today for my follow-up scan after bleeding on June 21st and I wish now that I wouldn't have. Apparently I didn't pass the sac yet. I was in a horrible amount of labor like pain that night I had the bleeding to pass the amount of blood I did - which they couldn't figure out at my scan today where it came from - so I can only imagine what is yet to come. My midwife gave me the option of a D&C (she didn't offer me the tablets this time) but I declined since I have been spotting since yesterday. The cramping picked up to menstrual type cramping shortly after my appointment and the bleeding is getting heavier. I'm so scared. As terrible as this sounds, I'm just ready for this to be all over and done with so I can move on. My nerves are shot and the waiting is driving me crazy but since I've already had 2 D&Cs I really don't want another for fear of a weakened cervix if I ever get the chance to carry a pregnancy past the first trimester ever again. Sorry this is just me rambling.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I've been there, and it's a horrible feeling. The bleeding is really scarey, if it gets too heavy go back to the ER just to be safe. I totally understand not wanting another DnC, I had one and would hate to have another. I wish there was something more I could say : ( I hope ur DH and family is there for you right now giving you the support you need.

I am so sorry you are still going through this. You shouldn't feel bad about just wanting it over. I think everyone feels that way. My second miscarriage started bleeding Sunday May 24 I believe and I knew what was happening I just wanted it over. Everyday of bleeding is just so emotional crippling. I hated the scan as well...just a painful reminder that the baby was gone. It took longer the second time to pass everything naturally because I was further along this time. 8 weeks the first was 6 weeks. It hurt, I can't say it didn't but as soon as it was over I was relieved and the pain was back to like a menstrual period. I hope that you are well and that this goes quickly for you. This time I went it the shower when I knew it was happening. It helped with the pain, I sat down and just stopped fighting the contractions. It happened quickly after that. I am so sorry that you have to do this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->