Witch hazel for diaper rash?

Deise

Reaction score
Im having a bit of a tough bout with diaper rash. I change her nappies religiously. Ive backed off baby wipes, Im letting Kiki's butt airdry, tried A&D and I even had my SILbring me some Sudacrem from Ireland..nothing is working. Im thinking of giving witchhazel a try..anyone used it before? Can I still use it with Sudacrem or is it too much?

I'm not sure about that other stuff but Connor has not had a diaper rash since we started putting petroleum jelly on his bottom at night when we know he will be in a diaper for an extended period of time. It really did work like a charm, 7 weeks since we started using it and it's still going strong, no more diaper rash here.

If I could,
I would send all of you girls this amazing cream. It protected my butt, my brother's butt, my mom's butt....all of our butts without a single bout of diaper rash.

I use it on Mia now and her bum is perfection. However, it is only found in Serbian/Croatian stores around here and I am doubtful there are some in the USA.

https://www.yu4you.com/slike/ostalo/19.gif

Honestly I know it has a silly name, but Butt Paste works wonders! We tried Desitin and that combined with baby powder made like cement. Butt Paste cleared it right up, and she hasn't had one since coming home from the hospital. They sell it at Babies R Us and I think at Target.

Another thing we did was put a pad down (a puppy pad left over from training our dog) and let her have some nakey time to air out her bum. Just make sure the house is warm and maybe put a tshirt on her, and watch her so she doesn't end up in her own potty mess. Hope it gets better, its awful when theyre like that!

Lanolin is good too.

Lansinoh isn't just for boobies ;)

BTW, have you tried switching diapers? maybe her skin is sensitive to something in them...

:hug:

I use the Butt Paste too! If I don't put it on with every diaper change it comes right back.

I use the Butt Paste too! If I don't put it on with every diaper change it comes right back.

Isn't it great lol! DH wanted to register for it just cause it had a funny name (the kid in him for sure!!), so I let him. Then my aunt bought it and told us it was really the only thing she used on her girls. Luckily for us, we don't have to use it with every diaper, but when she got the diaper rash, it cleared it up really really quick.

Doesn't the butt paste and other creams that are heavily based on zinc just stay there and is hard to wash off. Is the bum white all the time?

Im not sure if witch hazel would work or not, but i'd try petroleum jelly as that always worked on Alex's bum :)
xx

Im starting to think its the Pampers Swaddlers that are causing her bottom to cook, as it the rash coincides with me switching to them exclusively after Huggies were leaking out the sides....Im going to do a bit of an experiment, continue on with the Sudacrem and reintroduce the Huggies back in and see what happens.

Yah, Huggies don't seem to work very well on Sharlotte either (leaking issues). Plus compared to the pampers they seem so much like cardboard.

She also seems to be a bit bothered by the pampers, but I make sure to wash her bum good and let it airdry. Then application of the cream of your choice ;).

:hug:

Uhh, I had horrible leaks with the huggies. I use pampers baby dry at night and swaddlers during the day. I did notice one night when I didn't put petroleum jelly on his bum he did wake up with it a little red, made sure not to forget after that! I did hear that butt paste is fantastic!

I had a problem with that at first but Nola's doc told me about Eucerin Aquaphor. It works really well. It's like petrolium jelly without all the chemicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->