with christmas came ......

catherineq87

Reaction score
my leaky boobs lol . i started leaking officially last night!!

with my daughter i started leaking at about 4 months but now at 25 weeks here we go , im sure it will be every night up until the big day hehe!

just wanted to share my 'good news' !!!!

hope ur christmas was as good as mine ladies xxxxxxx

Jeez! I am dreading this! I am 22 weeks and didn't think it happened until a lot later!

can i join the leaky boob club lol !?
im 21 weeks and it just started happening on xmas eve lol !..
with my daughter i started getting it at 19 weeks - and because it was my first baby.. i woke in the morning to find my matress soaking - i was like what the hell ? i thought... i must have been lying off my pillow drooling lolololol ..:dohh::blush: then hubby points out that my pj's are drenched lol xx

I've been wondering about this! for the past few days my nipples have been feeling sore and sensitive, should I expect leakage any time soon??

Hmm, I@m not sure about mine. THis afternoon I noticed I had (TMI) dry crusty bits on each nipple. Does that mean mine are starting to leak, even though they didn't go through my clothes, and they're dry? :shrug:

I was making the breakfast on xmas morning and felt my nightie was wet and looked down to see two massive wet patches by my boobs, this lasted most of the day, i had to stuff toilet roll in my bra!!haha. i didn't expect it to happen this early i thought it happened when you were about 28 weeks at least, obviouslt not!
xx

i havent had any extreme leakage. my jamas are just a bit damp in the morning sometimes lol.

Scary at first though

didnt know what was hapening lol

I woke up this morning with a leak!! Only a little one though.. And only out of one boob.. That can't be right can it lol xx

Speaking of nipple cream, can you use body butter on your nips? I'm using it on my belly anyway, and I have been given some for xmas too, so my house is like a body butter factory :haha: Do you know if you can use it on nips too? I don't want to cause a blockage or anything...

Speaking of nipple cream, can you use body butter on your nips? I'm using it on my belly anyway, and I have been given some for xmas too, so my house is like a body butter factory :haha: Do you know if you can use it on nips too? I don't want to cause a blockage or anything...

You won't cause a blockage but it isn't recommended to put anything on the actual nipple apart from preoper nipple creams. They can be more sensitive too and it could cause them to become sore, itchy etc so avoid the darker area with body creams:winkwink:

Just having a read through this, I wanted to point out that your nipples don't have to leak for successful breastfeeding you know. I'm a breast feeding peer support councillor and I have successfully breastfed my 4 children and my nipples only leaked a couple of times when pregnant with my eldest child...never with any of the others. I just wanted to reassure you that it's normal if they do leak and normal if they don't....everyone's different.

Good luck everyone:kiss:

Mine have leaked from 14weeks!!! I have to wear sports bras and breast pads to my bed! lol! xx

Just having a read through this, I wanted to point out that your nipples don't have to leak for successful breastfeeding you know. I'm a breast feeding peer support councillor and I have successfully breastfed my 4 children and my nipples only leaked a couple of times when pregnant with my eldest child...never with any of the others. I just wanted to reassure you that it's normal if they do leak and normal if they don't....everyone's different.

Good luck everyone:kiss:

Thanks for this hun, very informative, I never had any leakages whatsoever when i was pregnant with my 1st. I also had a terrible health visitor who made me feel absolutely terrible about breastfeeding. i was determined to give it a good go but obviously just didnt have enough milk, she kept pushing and pushing at me to stay in bed all day and night with baby feeding on demand...she would have had me doing it every day for months on end given half a chance and it was awful in the end. Fortunately I had to go to hospital in the end because baby wasnt putting on weight properly because of lack of milk, they just told me to bf then top up with formula....voila, was a magic solution for me, coz i felt she was getting goodness from me, but getting 'full up' from formula, I did that successfully for about 6 months i think!

I would like to have another go this time, but will not have anyone putting pressure on me to succeed like that horrible midwife did. Guess i was just young n naive and thought they knew best!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->