with every contraction...

corrie anne

Mom of 7 girls and 4 boys
Reaction score
that i have every day, i just am like, here we go, i am going into ptl and she;s coming, and within mins. no more contractions. I was up from 11:30 til 1am last night thinking i was in labor timing contractions and trying to see if they were even contractions or just BH. I was having them exactly every 3 mins but they didnt hurt but i could feel them and i am just so scared i am going to go into labor and have her real fast like. I am 2 hrs away from the hospital she need to be in when born. I am scared that i will go to my hospital too late and i have to have her there and she has to go to the other hospital without me. If i make it in take they will fly me before birth. I just cant stop stressing about it, its just such a nightmare, and i mean that. I have dreams about going into labor every time i sleep. I cant even picture what she looks like, i have her and there is nothing there, like she's gone. I dont want her early. All i want is a fullterm baby that is over due and weighs 11 pounds and is too big for newborn clothing. Is that too much to ask.:cry:

I do hope she stays put for you! Try to relax and rest (I know thats easier said than done).... KUP

Oh hun. I hope she stays in a bit longer! We are all here if you need to let it all out.
Stay in little bubs x

I have had 4 preemies and i NEVER showed signs of PTL this early before which scares me to death. They want me to make it past 28weeks which is just around the corner. I dont think anyone is taking me seriously. After being in the hospital for 4 days for going into PTL they still said i could go back to work if i wanted, didnt put me on bedrest but told me no bding. I would think that after having so many early ones that they would take more care with me. No extra appointments no consultants. I am just going to have to listen to my body and get to the hospital fast if i go again. Thats all i can do!

its really worrying they are not taking you seriously and monitoring you closly after 4 prem babies and now ptl! you know your body very well by now and if something is worrying you its going to add to your stress.

Can you not go to emergency room to get checked over? I know in UK when woman cant get anyone to listen to there concerns if they just turn up at A&E they get seen quicker xx

Oh sweetie, I really feel for you.

I have been plagued by constant BH this pregnancy, right from 20wks and it is the most frightening, stressful thing ever if you have had a previous preterm baby.

I am still getting them, but can go days without. When they happen I am convinced I won't see the week out, but then they vanish and I feel elated again. It's a total emotional rollercoaster and a complete drain :(

I previously gave birth at 24wks, and that was a life-changing trauma for us - I longed to get thru this pregnancy without all the aches, twinges, and contractions, but it isn't to be, and quite frankly it has been a living hell.

All I can say is that not none of my BH thus far has effected any changes to my cervix, nor have they developed into proper labour. I realise that your pregnancy issues are probably different to mine, but like you, I have had quite intense contractions which have ultimately amounted to nothing.

Obviously you should trust your mothering instincts, and make a visit to the hospital for peace of mind if nothing else. However, this is your fourth pregnancy, and BH are more intense and frequent with each one - it still could all be a natural part of being pregnant. Unfortunately for us "preemie mums", it's bloody scary - none of us will relax til we reach atleast 34 wks.

And no, it isn't too much to ask to hold that 11Ib full-term healthy baby. Isn't that what every mum wants? You have a right to it - keep focused on that fact hun, and you just might be pleasantly surprised xxx

PM me darlin' if you need reassurance. Maybe we could help each other - I am often awake in the early hours, praying and crying in equal measure :(

Over here, when you reach 20 weeks the e.r wont see you, they send you to L&D which i have done. When i went into my reg. OB office for having cramping and pressure, they didnt want to see me(i didnt have an appt and didnt call, i just showed up) they sent me over to the hospital to be seen by the L&D ward. I got there, and told them what i was feeling and they just wanted to monitor me, i wanted a full blown check up with cervical check and everything but they didnt want to. they wanted to just check for contractions which i thought i wasnt having(and i dont really think i was until i got there) But after being monitored for about 10 minutes, i started contracting every 3 mins. Then they checked me and i was 1cm dilated. They even put a small iv in b/c they thought i wasnt going to be there that long. Well, i was sent to a hospital 2 hrs away and was there for 4 days and on a mag drip(which sucks soooo badly) for 2 1/2 days. I just hope it doesnt happen again. I want to make it at least 5 more weeks when i had my earliest.(32weeks). Thank you ladies for listening, i do feel better now getting my fears out in writing.

Lizzie~ thank you.
I was replying while you posted. That must have been scary having a 24weeker. I was in the hospital at 24 weeks with PTL but they stopped it after 13hrs later. Thank god, i only dilated 1 cm that whole time. Congrats on carrying your pregnancy(twin pregnancy at that) this far. I will PM you when i am struggling. My back hurts all the time but i guess with you carrying 2 its more painful. I have been having more contractions every day now, i know they are not BH but real contractions. I get about 4-5 real ones aday, today i think i have had that many so far, but i have to have 4 an hour for 2+ hrs to consider going in. But i have noticed a pattern from previous pregnancies that i know when the labor is real. when i have PTL that i know can be stopped by meds, i only feel them in my pelvic area, but when i know i wont be able to stop them, its all over and in my back.

Hoping your Little one stays inside you. Thinking of you both and crossing everything...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->