Wobbles

sophie

Mum of 2 pg with no3!
Reaction score
Hiya hun, ive just been thinkin did u have the 16 weeks bloods to test for downs etc? i might have missed something sorry if i have!
Im just coming up to it and i dunno what to do!
xx

I wasn't going to but OH wanted to know. It wouldn't make the slightest difference bar knowing in advance however if the result show a high chance of problems the next test can cause a late MC I believe she said 1 in 1000 but I'd not risk that.

I was told I would get a call if I'm high risk and not if I i'm not within 2 weeks its been 3 now. I should ring to confirm though :D

x

I wasn't going to but OH wanted to know. It wouldn't make the slightest difference bar knowing in advance however if the result show a high chance of problems the next test can cause a late MC I believe she said 1 in 1000 but I'd not risk that.

I was told I would get a call if I'm high risk and not if I i'm not within 2 weeks its been 3 now. I should ring to confirm though :D

x

I think I was told it's 1 in 100, the one with the needle where they collect some of the fluid?

1 in 100 being the results? I was told 1 in 1000 people x

it is 1 in 100 i know from when I had the amnio BUT it is all down to the consultant doing it and how experienced they are,I used the one I had coz she does 4 a week and had only ever had two babies die after in 8 years so I thought those odds were good.

Didnt stop me worrying tho
Bex

1 in 100 being the results? I was told 1 in 1000 people x
1 in 100 results in a miscarriage, unless I remember badly!! but im pretty sure thats what they said and I read in the booklets.

Think my MW is stupid .... Looked up 1 in 100 too.

100 or 1000 I wouldn't get it done (Amniocentesis)

:D x

this is worrying me, regardless of the results we will keep baby we've talked till we are blue in the face about it, so i dont see the point in having the bloods done but dh said have the bloods done so we can prepare if high risk. i also wouldnt have the test done after. i never had this worry with Kai i was 22 wks by the time ide gone midwife!

My OH was the same Sophie so same as had the bloods and regardless I wouldn't have the next one done should it have been high risk. TBH I had it done & forgot about it. Will ring Monday just to confirm.

That test they do on your ultrasound scan is pretty good?:

"Ultrasound scan

Further information is sometimes obtained during an ultrasound scan by looking at the skin on the back of the unborn baby's neck called the nuchal fold. This is called the nuchal translucency test. Thickening of this skin indicates a higher risk of Down's syndrome.
If these tests indicate a higher risk pregnancy (usually taken to be a 1 in 250 chance or greater), the results can be verified with diagnostic tests called chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis."

We had the neck test done, then the sonographer worked out the odds of us having a baby with Downs, and it was about 1 in (don't remember) something silly like a few thousand anyway.. but we decided against the needle test as we didn't think it was worth the risk!

You going to have them done sophie?

x

I shall have the bloods done i think cos DH wants me to but thats as far as ill go, just worried in case they come back high risk , its such a scary thing this pregnancy lark!
xx

Good luck Sophie! :hugs:x

I chose not to have them, I knew that it wouldn't make any difference to us and as I'm only 27 the risks are low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->