woke up with cramps, feeling worried

PocoHR

Reaction score
I woke up with cramps and am feeling kind of worried. When the alarm went off my bump was really sore and crampy and its kind of continued all morning. I wouldn't call it contractions, my uterus isn't hard, just some sharp pains. I don't know :( I did feel him move when I was home before I left for work, but I haven't felt him again in the last hour or so. I am not sure if I should call the doctor or not, I know they will bring me in for a scan if I call, so calling means going in... hrmmm...

Sometimes indigestion will do that to me. If it doesn't settle down in a few hours I would give them a call. Better to go in and be reassured than to wish you had.

Maybe you didn't drink enough yesterday, or it's the start of a tummy bug, even gas or constipation can cause that...I'd try laying down with your feet up and drink lots of water, that's probably what your ob would say anyways but definitely call if youre concerned

Make sure to drink extra water. Perhaps baby is having a growth spurt. I'd probably check in with the dr anyway, just to be safe.

I think it might be tummy troubles, so I am going to hold off calling for a bit. I just felt him wriggling around again, so I feel a little better. We only have half a day at work today, the company lets us go home early on some Fridays in the summer, so I want to try and make it to noon without going home! If I still feel bad at 10:00 though, I think I will just give up and head home. Thanks for the reassurance everyone xx

I've found I'm a lot more sensitive to tummy troubles while pregnant. I've woken up a few times now to an upset tummy that felt like sharp cramps. Tmi - felt better after the washroom. Hopefully, that's all it is on your end too!

Good luck making it to half day.

It really could be a number of harmless things. Rest, get in lots of fluids, and see how you feel later. <3

Just to update, I'm doing much better! I think it was just stretching/growing pains mixed with some indigestion. Glad I didn't go in for scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->