women with gestational diabetes, how big was your baby?

I was induced at 38 weeks. I was 34 weeks before i was diagnosed though. The scans showed my LO was measuring big round his belly and his head and also his leg length. He was born 8lb8 with a normal belly but on the 99th percentile for his head measurement and 99th for his length. Both myself and OH are tall so most of his size i believe is hereditary not from GD.

All the docs/consultants just kept on telling me how big he was, so i was expecting a heffer, he turned out so petite in a big kind of way if that makes sense!!. Just very long and dainty. Try not to worry xx

I had GD and was controlled by diet, tablets and insulin.

I was actually measuring 2 weeks ahead but then further along baby measured small.
My little boy came out at 7lb 1oz in the end and all measurements were in proportion. :) I was induced at 38+5, not just due to GD though.

I was induced at 40+1 and a scan at 39+3 had showed LO to be around 7.5lbs..he was born at 10lb 3oz though. He did have to go to scbu as I went from 7-10cm in mins and thne pushed him out in a little over 10mins so he was shocked. His bs levels were all fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->