Wonderful unexpected vbac x

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
Gave birth to my beautiful Evalyn Grace Louise Pool on 14th November at 11.43 x 36+6 weeks and 4 pounds 11oz x

This whole pregnancy has been crazy !!! Got to 36 weeks with no issues whatsoever but was classed as high risk due to son having iugr and ending in an emcs. Growth scans monthly which shew no issues until the last one at 36 weeks , baby only measured 33 weeks, no longer on a centile. My heart sank. I knew what was coming and i had hoped so badly for a vbac. The dreaded meeting with the Dr confirmed the bad news , c section booked for following Monday (37+3) .
I had given up on the idea of ever giving birth naturraly and just looked forward to having little girl in my arms x
Then last Tuesday (nov 14th) I woke up with bad period pains (no back pain or tightenings) but thought nothing of it. Watched some tv tried to relax. Had been having bad Braxton hicks so just assumed it was that. Watched tv and tried to ignore it. The only clue I got that it was the real thing was when they became regular and very intense . At 7am I woke up the OH and told him that I thought I might be having contractions but I wasn't convinced so we ate some breakfast and waited to see if they would disappear (don't do this lol) they were now 6 mins apart and I started to worry. Knowing labour could be dangerous I told triage and headed down (still not convinced due to lack of back pain or tightenings) got examined and was 4 cm !!! Things started to really ramp up. A Dr was called in and she said that seeing as I was progressing so well she was willing to wait and see what happens rather than just jump into an emcs. But at the first sign of trouble is be in theatre. Yes! A shred of hope! I was wheeled down to consultant unit contractions were now 2 mins apart but not showing up on monitor and I didn't feel like I was in a huge amount of pain so thought I had ages plus midwife said it's usually an hour a cm so wasn't expecting anything anytime soon. I was then 're examined as the contractions were getting worse , it had been an hour and I was 6cm!!! Midwife broke my water and instantly I felt like I was hit by a bus, felt like there was no break between contractions, I was screaming and couldn't stay still. Still no contractions showing on monitor. The midwife was so relaxed and I think she thought I was just being a wimp as she just kept filling in paperwork with the odd bit of encouragement. I screamed for pain relief and started crying. So she 're assessed me and looked pretty shocked. I had gone from 6cm to 10 cm in half an hour!! I begged for an epidural or even a pethidine but she said it was too late. I started pushing hugging my gas and air for dear life. Baby's heart rate started to plummet and the midwife called for a Dr to sort out emcs. Noooooooo!!!! With the next contraction I pushed as hard as I could and baby's head was out. She had cord round her neck. Midwife took it off and with the next contraction I pushed as hard as I could and she flew out kicking and screaming. The Dr walked in and was shocked to see the job done x apart from a grade 2 year it was my perfect labour and feel so lucky how everything turned around xx

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Thank you everybody :) can't believe her due date still over a week away! She doing well x 4lb 14 Oz already :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->