Wondering about multiple chemical pregnancies

mummof1

Reaction score
I am just wondering about anyone who had more then 1 early miscarriage (or chemical pregnancy).
Did you have testing done to find out if there are any underlying issues causing the losses?
Did you go on to have a healthy pregnancy eventually?

I just had two in a row and I'm having a hard time not being paranoid something is wrong with me!
I keep thinking about diseases people can carry that cause miscarriage like toxoplasmosis .. I have 3 cats and one actually caused my son to have cat scratch fever this past winter . I'm thinking of asking my vet about it maybe having him tested to see if he carries it or maybe asking my doc to send me for blood work to test for it.

I have had 2 chemical pregnancies and never did find out what caused them, I think more commonly chemicals are due to a poor uterine lining so the implantation process fails or a chromosomal abnormality stops the embryo from developing further. so sorry for your losses :hugs:

Sorry for your losses. You can ask your gp or ob for progesterone. After my 2nd loss my ob wrote me a prescription and I carried that pregnancy to term☺ I did the same with DD2

I had four early losses between baby two and baby three. Never found out the cause because my GP wouldn't investigate until I'd had another, but thankfully I carried that one to term.

I hope you get some answers and have a sticky soon as I totally feel what you are going through x

I had one chemical and one MMC back-to-back then got pregnant with my DD who is now 13 months.

Don't worry about toxoplasmosis. My doc was the chief of OB in a huge NY hospital for 30 years before moving where we are and he has never seen or heard of a case of toxoplasmosis.

I did testing that was covered by insurance - thyroid testing, iron, I forget most of it but a bunch of blood draws. I also had a hysteroscope b/c of a fibroid. I do have 3 uterine fibroids and cycsts on my cervix but they are nothing to worry about.

I didn't do anything different to get pregnancy with my daughter. I think that was just a combination of a healthy egg and healthy sperm and I did what I needed to do to calm down about the whole process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->