Wondering when the contractions will turn into real labor contractions

SarahBear

Reaction score
I remember with Violet, I felt changes in my body about 2 weeks before she was born and then I had regular but painless contractions (3 - 5 minutes apart) for two straight days before going into real labor. This time, I'm feeling shifts in my body and I'm experiencing strong contractions at night. One night they were quite uncomfortable. And subsided a bit after using the toilet. Last night, they started as a pain in the middle of my back and then wrapped around to the front. They were close together (didn't time them) and sporadic in intensity. I've heard that the second time around, the pre-labor contractions can be a lot more intense than the first time around. I am still a couple weeks from my due date but I don't like these "teaser" contractions... Gr.

I'm even further from my due date but I've been feeling quite off for a few days. I have this gut feeling of pre term labour.
Today I had abdominal cramping for 2 hrs that didn't subside with heat I just had to ride it out (wasn't gas or anything like that) and now I've been having braxton hicks like crazy for a couple hours. Ive eaten, had water, tried to go to the bathroom, lyed down etc. Still getting them like crazy. I also learned I'm anaemic today :/

I'd be hopeful if I was you, at your stage that all sounds VERY promising. But I know the gripes about the "coming attractions" stuff. It's uncomfortable, disconcerting and irritating lol.

I'm right there wth you!! This is baby no 3 for me. Braxton hicks this time around have been super intense. Not painful.... Just intense and enough to make me stop and wait for them to pass. Most don't stop wen I change positions.

In my case though, they have seemed to ready my cervix as I am now 3-4cm and 60%.

One day they were so frequent and intense and that's when I got checked out and got the status of my cervix.

I haven't been pregnant for 6 years before now so who knows when they will turn to real ones for me. Today is the quietest my uterus has been in weeks it feels like.

But I def have felt preparations taking place for quite some time. About 30 weeks is when the increased in intensity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->