• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wondering when the right time is...

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Ive posted elsewhere about how hungry Seth is and about how badly he is sleeping. (https://www.babyandbump.com/breast-bottle-feeding/57207-think-its-coming-end.html)

I dont know when the right time to wean him is, whather maybe doing it now is the right time? Ive asked my HV before but she said he was just going through a growth spurt, but this has been going on like 3 weeks now, he is just so unsettled! I don't know how to tell if he is 'ready' for food yet, or how Im supposed to introduce it really. Also he is teething, I can see about 4 or 5 coming in now... I dont know if that makes a difference.

I thought maybe giving him a little bit of rice before bed or in the morning might do the trick? What do you think? he's so unsettled and I feel like Im starving him at the minute :(

xxx

Well My HV sugested I give max some baby rice at 2 months old because he was always hungry ..I gave it to him in a bottle first ..made the hole a lil bigger so he wouldnt choke ..

Now at 4 months old he has fruits & vegies ..many will go by the book but My HV said go with your instinct if you think hes hungry try foods and well its a trial and error some will upset his tummy some wont ..

Go with what you feel is right hun its your son .

I dont know what is right, thats the thing. HV has scared me into thinking that if I wean him before 6 months he'll ghave allergies and diabeties.

I just dont know! I wish he came with an instruction manual

xxx

Its right when you feel its right, only a mother knows ;) Dont listen to HV a huge percent of babies are weaned before the 6 month mark and fine. My whole family were weaned at 3 months. A small spoon of baby ceral/rice and if he doesnt take to it then you know he just isnt ready ;)

Dec was getting baby rice from 21/2 months and he loved it by 4 months he was getting fruit and veg, this was all under the advice of my HV, what the other ladies have said is so true mother knows best try him if he doesnt want it he wont take it. Good luck hun.xx

At first I was total 100% going to go 6 months without anything, based on the advice, but she was very resltess for a week, similar to seth, and I thought, Im just going to try her with a little bit of baby rice. So I made it very runny mixed with breastmilk and she has been fine taking it, not spitting it out, not being sick, and she seems a little more settled so Im going to keep going 1 time a day for the moment. Lewis was around Skye's age when I started him, and hes totally fine, so Im not too worried. Its just difficult when the advice says one thing and you feel you should be doing another. Do what you think is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->