wont believe what I got asked

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
So today was hubby's and mine errand running day and we stopped at a fast food place for lunch. Hannah was asleep in her carseat and she and Stan were sitting at a table while I ordered (he can never remember the orders). I heard a baby cry so turned around to see if it was Hannah, it wasn't but the counter person commented on it so I said oh it's not my baby crying. She asked which baby was mine so I pointed to Hannah. She than proceeds to tell me that she has a thing for babies and children and asks if she can hold Hannah :shock: I couldn't believe it! So I told her politely that Hannah was asleep right now, so she asked me if Hannah woke up if she could hold her :saywhat: I told her maybe and walked off (didn't want to be rude :rofl:) Thank God Hannah didn't wake up, because if she'd come over there and tried to hold her Stan would have had words with her :rofl::rofl:

I would felt really weird about some random person from the fast food place holding my kid, I would have got my food to go.

we wouldn't have let her in the end. not comfortable at all with a perfect stranger holding my baby!

Odd ...

my receptionist at work does that and it makes me feel really uncomfortable as i can see the parents are thinking "what the hell"

Weirdo's!!

:rofl: Well I had my sunglasses on so I don't think she could read my expression. I was really just shocked about it all, I've never had a random stranger want to hold my baby

:rofl::rofl:

Too funny!

This is what ticks me off. When your baby is nice and asleep in the car seat and someone asks to see your baby. But instead of just looking, they have to touch their feet or hands. In my mind I am thinking, "FFS, you wake up that baby you will have to deal with me."

My one stepdaughter is the same way. Chase will be asleep and whenever I leave the room, she has to go over and put a blanket on him, touch him, etc. Grrr. Wait until she has a kid of her own and tries to have time to go and get housework done, etc. and someone wakes up her child.

:rofl::rofl:the guy at No Frills who hit my stroller 4 times and woke Hannah up got an earful

Funny, when you are out doing errands the last thing you want is your baby waking up as you have no idea what kind of mood they will be in. LOL

we're mean when Hannah goes to sleep in her stroller we put both of the cover things up so no one can see in (or put their dirty little hands in :rofl:)

Hmm, I often put a blanket over the car seat so no one can see. LOL

Thinking on the same wave length as you :)

I worked with this 65 year old grandma and she would go and pick up newborns and babies ALL THE TIME. People LOVED IT. ??

I would get slapped if I tried that, lol. She would hold the baby's while the moms shopped, and rock them and sing to them. One time she held like a BRAND NEW baby (I don't know why it was out at the mall at like 3 days old) and she started crying because he was so beautiful, and the lady took a picture of her on her cell phone.

...?

Now that's sweet, this girl was just weird :rofl: especially since she told me she had a thing for babies and children

umm CREEPY!! Where I am from, its a small island and everyone pretty much knows everyone, so that wouldn't be abnormal, but I couldnt imagine being in a normal city and having some random person say that. Im like you though, i cant hurt peoples feelings..I would have probably come up with some stupid excuse!

we're mean when Hannah goes to sleep in her stroller we put both of the cover things up so no one can see in (or put their dirty little hands in :rofl:)

Same here! He sleeps better that way too because some shops have really bright lights.

peopleare strange glad little hannah didnt wakeup iwould have been just like u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->