wont eat from a spoon

upsydaisy

Reaction score
my LO is just over 7months and we started weaning her at just over 5months old but for the last 10days she wont eat from a spoon,
it doesn't matter what we give her, sweet or savoury she refuses,
yesterday she had toast for breakfast, lunch was a bread stick, cheese and cucumber and she had the same for dinner,:blush:
i aint got a clue what else i can feed her:blush:
what else can i feed her? is baby led weaning about just feeding finger foods, would doing that mean she wont eat from a spoon at all,
i'm worried that she's not getting enough, she still has about 5/6 bottles of 8oz formula a day, still doesn't sleep through the night but thats another story,
please any ideas what else i can feed her?.x

I'm having the same problem. Hopefully they'll grow out of it, my friend said she gave her lo the ellas kitchen pouches to suck on it was the only way he would eat. I'm going to give my lo a few days off and if he still won't eat from a spoon I'll try that. Not the best solution I know but if it works then it's worth a try.

orange (just make sure theres no pips), apple (we boil ours), papaya, mango, tomato, brocolli, parsnip, pasta (buy bigger types that they can pick up). Just anything you can think of, try. I didn't believe how well Alasdair did with spaghetti at only 6 months. I only really bother to spoonfeed Alasdair if we're out, he likes jars but if he has the choice of mush or finger food, he refuses the mush. You could try putting humous over the bread sticks too, that might help with getting some protein in!

avocado is also a good finger food and very nutritious

What type of spoon are you using? plastic or metal?

have you tried doing a bit of both? Most meals we give Hannah a finger food and a puree. While she's busy trying to stuff the finger food in her mouth we shove the puree in :lol:

has she gone off her dummy (if she has one) or bottels aswell?. If so could be thrush

have you tried giving the spoon to her so she can try and use it herself then you can feed her with a different spoon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->