Won't eat fruit or veggies?

alloyd519

Mom of Twins & TTC #3
Reaction score
So for the last couple weeks my girls have been feeding themselves really well, they love pancakes, baby meatballs, and so on and are very good at picking up the food and putting it in their mouths themselves. I've just really had a problem with fruits and veggies. I've tried cutting up fresh fruit and giving it to them but they want nothing to do with it, they let it sit on their highchair trays and if I try feeding it to them they spit it out. I'm guessing it's because of the texture but i'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get them to eat it? It's just that they eat everything else on their own and it's the only thing I have to spoon feed them for.

The best way to get her used to it is to give her them as often as possible.

After working with fussy children, there is one absolute golden rule that I personally stand by... no child ever starved from fussiness - when they're hungry enough, they will eat what they're given.

Although, that said, I've only really used that approach with sligthtly older children 18months+ I'm a bit softer on the littler tots.

Odd coincidence, the fussiest eaters I've ever seen were also twin girls. It was a mystery how they managed to gain weight... they must have absorbed nutrients from the air or something!

I would just try various pieces as finger foods - they will learn to like some and dislike some just like us I would imagine?

Caitlins the same but will occasionally entertain the idea. You can only offer and at 11 months old I wouldn't give up yet. Also I found letting her see me eat what shes got can help now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->