Wont eat savory??

charliebear

Mum to AJ & Pumpkin
Reaction score
AJ can be a tinker to feed. He has never really cried for a bottle even if he's starving! :dohh:
I really dont know what to do anymore?? :shrug:
He will mess with and eat a tiny bit of savory foods (finger), mashed or lumps no chance but give him a fruit or pudding and he'll eat away..even if he's starving he'll not eat savory!
He wont eat enough finger foods to fill him, he gets too stressed and starts screaming. The poor mite is starving!

I'm thinking of taking away puddings/yogurts and only offering savory?? Any ideas??
Obviously I'll offer more finger foods/savory/milk to try and fill him up. I dont want to starve him. :nope:

maybe find a veg that he really likes? aiden hated savory at first until i discovered he loved carrot and parsnip cause they are sweet and i used them as the base for everything savory i made him until he got used too diffrent things xx

butternut squash and sweet potato are ideal first veg as they are really sweet to eat
carrots are good too, i started archie on these as he was just used to apple and pear puree at first now he will happily eat and veg x

we use carrot and parsnip too! And squash is a great base for everything! We have had a rubbish time too, so i can sympathise with you, but you have to go with what they like, and then you can sneak things in.... I have also had quite a lot of success with pureed cauliflower, even added to the fruit puree he will eat that!!

Also I found that the savoury goes down better when my lo has something to chomp on at the same time like fingers of toast or rice cake etc. Sometimes letting him try the spoon works too, and he doesnt even realise its going in!!

But the secret really is dont get stressed about it. I had mealtimes where i was tearing my hair out about him not eating his veg, remember, he's a kid, some kids dont like veg!

HTH

Lili xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"