wont sleep in moses basket at night..!

babymamma

mummy to Madeline
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My daughter Madeline is 2.5 weeks old and wont sleep at night unless in my arms...! I know she is only young but dont want this to be happening as she gets older. Anyone know how to get her out of this habit early on?

Thanks!

At 2.5 weeks, she's not forming any sleeping habits. Does swaddling help? If not, I would try other things than the moses basket, so a bouncy chair, swing or even her carseat. Slowly try to put her back in her mb every few nights or so to see if she is ready for it. Also, I got a mattress that sounded like it had a heartbeat from Blooming Marvellous. That helped my LO to settle in her basket (but this wasn't until she was 5-6 weeks old). Until then, she slept in her bouncy chair. Now she sleeps fine in her cot.

if you have the moses basket on a stand try rocking it with her in it i did that because my daughter was the same and after few nights she was fine

Jasmine has been in her bed since a week old... I always cuddled lots in the evenings, swaddled her legs and wrapped her up good and she was good.

Hope all the above helps you hun ! swaddling I couldnt do as max hated it lol so we got him a mobile that made nature sounds and he was out like a light to freaking crickets lol

we had this problem with lilly - and i know it sounds awful but in the end the best thing we did was to let her have a little cry, keep checking on her to make sure it wasnt a dirty nappy and comfort her if she got really worked up but it really helped.

at the end of the day babies love being cuddled to sleep and will do anything to get this - well my little madam sure did!!

I was the same as you as i was breastfeeding and found that the only way to get her to sleep in her basket was to cuddle her to sleep and wait till she was properly out and then put her down.

But i did not want her to get too used to being cuddled to sleep. My mw advised to start putting her down awake in the day when i know she was tired, so it makes it easier when you start doing it at night as your less tired in the day and more attentive.

You have to be patient with it as it can take a while, you just have to kee0p trying.

Holly has now been falling to sleep on her own from 8 weeks.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->