Won't take a dummy

vicwick

Expecting baba #2
Reaction score
I have tried Alfie with 2 types of dummies but he just woin't take either i've tried avent and mam ones, can anyone suggest any that worked fr them??

How long did it take your LO's to take a dummy??? he's BF so dunno if that makes a dsifference

when Bella was breastfed she wouldn't take a dummy easily but eventually she took to a tommee tippee cherry teat (the really circular ones :blush:) definitely worth a try, we tried all the closer to nature ones and mam/avent. The avent were really small teats and she hated them!!

some says that if you BF, the dummy can confuse the baby. if that;s the case
I BF and i used to try dummies but he wouldn't take it but screamed

Poppy is BF too and she just won't take one full stop. You might find this is the case with Alfie too?

We couldn't get Poppy to take a dummy either. Tried the Tommee Tippee ones, and the cherry teat ones but she gags and cries if we try to give them to her. We just gave up in the end :shrug:

Maddi was bf at the start, but my milk never came in but her fav. dummies are the mothercare winnie the pooh ones, though she has all sorts now. i do no that some bf babies just wont take one as it confuses them x

my baby is breast fed and didn't like the silicone dummies he uses the mam latex ones.
you have to persevere a bit popping it back in a few times for a couple of days, good luck

Evie is breast fed and has just started taking a dummy - tomy tippee one but it has taken a couple of weeks of offering it to her for her learn how to suck it

i have now spent £50 on dummies, have brought every type there is in a variety of sizes, she hates them all!!!!!!

likes to eat her fist though

Jasper likes the Tommy Tippee cherry. He'd suck the Avent 0-3month ones, but it was like he couldn't get a grip, it would drop out of his mouth if it wasn't being held in place.

The cherry one still slips out, but not half as bad as the avent ones.

Why do you need a dummy? Savannah won't take one either but have found she doesn't need one

Ella never took the dummy at all. She preferd to suck her thumb and now thats what she always does :rolleyes: ;)

Some babies just dont take dummies and just fine as they are! you may be one of the lucky ones!

Savannah sucks whatever part of her hand she can get into her mouth... Easier than a dummy but comes with it's own complications

Why do you need a dummy? Savannah won't take one either but have found she doesn't need one

I'm havin a lot of soreness as Alfie has a high arch so he doesn't latch correctly yet and as he likes to suck my BF councillor suggested a dummy to give my boobs a rest in between feeds.

Well thats fair enough. Sorry, just hate seeing people popping dummies in babies mouths all the time and not letting them try without it...

I know i'm the same i really don't want him to have one and am quite pleased in a way that he won't take one but my poor nipples are in shreds i'm hopin his latch gets better soon

I bought Avent - Orthadontic ones for Lexie at first, but she couldn't grab it because the teat is flat. So I got her some Tommee Tippee cherry teat dummies and she takes them straight away. :)

elouise wouldnt take a dummy until 2 and a half months, now she cant get enough of one lol

Jacob has the huge cherry ones aswell I tried the CTN ones and he hated those x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->