Won't take her vegetables

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
Abby is stage 2 weaning, mainly with purees, toast and the like. She always took her veggies well, especially the sweeter ones.

But then we moved onto stage 2 and gave her more textured purees, lentil soups etc. She is absolutely fine with lumpier puddings but gives a real fight with the vegetables. Now even when we puree them right down, she still fights. She'll take Ella's kitchen carrot and apples but when I did carrot and apples, she really wasn't impressed.

If I let her, she would just eat pudding. All of the vegetables we do have some fruit in them too, but even then she kicks off. We generally get the veggies into her by alternating a spoon of veg and a spoon of pudding, but I don't want to get into having to "hide" vegetables to get her to eat them. Nor do I want to force feed her anything or make it an issue.

Does anyone have any advice?

How is she with finger foods? A huge favourite of Ruby's is fingers of roasted veg, especially butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots. She eats ridiculous amounts of these when they are offered. They obviously have quite a sweet flavour naturally. Maybe once she's played about with and tasted a little veg as a self fed finger food, she may be willing to take them when they're being fed to her.

veggies with cheese sauce is always a winner with us x

veggies with cheese sauce is always a winner with us x

Works for her dad. Steam it for a week and cover it in cheese sauce 0 the only way he will eat veg.

Unfortunately she has a suspected dairy intolerance. She is breastfed and if I ate cream, cheese or milk, it affected her colic really badly. Since then it seems to make her a little sick so I'm loathe to introduce cheese at this stage.

I will give the finger foods a go though. How long would you roast them for? What kind of consistency should they have? She's just about getting the hang of toast and rusks ( Sharp intake of breath!! Devils fooooood:haha:) I'm so worried she will choke as she has a tendency to keep shoving the food in without chewing the mouthful she has!

I roast veg sticks for about hakf an hour - they go firm almost hard on the outside but inside is lovely and soft (think roast spuds texture). One of george's faves too

You can use goats cheese etc if she is dairy intolerant. Freya loves roasted carrot and squash too :)

Finger foods is the next best thing when Alex starts refusing food :D
I just bought in some sweet potato to make some wedges with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->