Woo hoo! (and a drying question)

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
I got Otter's fluffy bums! :happydance: They are drying as I type -- but holy cow! :mamafy: No kidding those AIOs take AAAGGGGEEEESSS to dry! :shock: Any tips for drying them faster in the winter? In the summer I can hang them outside and they will dry in no time. But it is 20 F and 2 feet of snow here right now! :nope:

I can't wait to try them out!! :yipee:

Do you have a radiator you can hang them on? I think some people use tumble dryers.

haha! I AM using a tumble dryer -- and they are taking ages on medium heat. Not keen on using the dyer that much -- it takes half the day!

I don't have a radiator... but I do have a wood burning stove. Might be able to rig something up -- but then again, don't want them smelling of wood smoke! :dohh:

do you have a cupboard with your hot water tank in it? i got some of those hangers with pegs on (think they're for socks and stuff) and leave them in there to dry - doesn't take as long as i thought it would.

All my AIOs take 60 minutes on low heat in the tumble drier or a couple of hours hung on the radiator.
Have you tried putting them through an extra spin cycle in the washer before putting them in the drier? I know I have a super efficient washer so all my nappies come out practically dry but Id have thought even without a terribly good washer an extra spin cycle to get rid of some more water should really shorten the time it takes them to hang or tumble dry.

The water heater is a great idea -- except mine is in the open in the garage! :dohh:

I will defo try the extra spin cycle. I don't have a super efficient washer, so an extra spin would probably help! :thumbup:

Thanks, Ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->