wooden floors and crawling

isil

Reaction score
I took Ally to my parent's house today and put him down on the carpet and he started crawling around like he'd been doing it for weeks. Here, we have wooden floors (well pretend wooden) and although he can get anywhere he wants to go, I wouldn't say he was proper crawling. I feel really guilty, like I'm hindering his development or something! :dohh:

Its just cos laminate floooring is nice and slidy so its a bit harder for their knees to get a grip, different flooring has a different effect on the way they crawl.

Your not hindering him at all. TBH he will prob slide round on his bum if that easier for him.

V xxxx

oh sweetie bless you :hugs: we have it every where, and have nice rug and put down a blanket for maddi, though she still prefers to roll everywhere :lol: x

We have wooden floors and Caitlyn crawled early so I doubt it's that hun! xx :hugs:

I have wood floor too and although my baby hasnt started crawling yet i was wondering about this! Im going to buy a big rug!

Ruby is the same on the wood flooring we have she struggles to stop sliding on it yet on the rug or at my mums house too she crawls ok. At the end of the day of course its going to be more differcult because of the surface! Nothing we can really do about it i guess. Seems nothing stops Caitlin lol such a clever girl!

Aww not at all hun! Some babies are just doing it at different stages, maybe putting down a rug will make u feel better! Lily has literally just started crawling, we have wooden floors and a rug and i used to take her on the carpet upstairs and she still didnt!

Im sure when we lived in caves we didnt have carpet lol, if that makes sense, and everyone still crawled then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->