Work or pregnancy?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I've been back at work three months since I finished my maternity leave and work are just in the process of making my temporary contract permanent. I want to try for a baby (or at least NTNP for a while) but part of me wonders if I should wait and give a little back to work first? They agreed to me coming back from full to part time (on a temp basis), then they promoted me and now they're making my role permanent. I feel like I owe them something but at the same time don't want to wait too long... It's another month before I get my copper coil out, then I actually have to get pregnant but I just don't know how they'll react.

Never put work before your family, no matter if you feel you owe it to them, you do not owe them anything hun :) They are paying you for YOUR service.
I had to learn the really hard way to never feel like you owe something to your job. I had been promoted shortly before falling pregnant and 2 weeks after I announced I was pregnant, they demoted me- it was clear they were very unhappy that I would be missing work in the future. I am here for health care and a paycheck (and having been here 5 years, a chance at another round of paid maternity leave), but work is work. Unless it is a family owned business (as in your own family), you shouldn't think twice about them, do what makes YOU happy and if having another baby would be your dream, do it.

I wouldn't worry too much. You will probably have been back about a year before you'll need to tell them and by then it won't feel so bad and that's assuming you fall pregnant fairly quickly. As claudia says you have to put family before work.

Also where are you from? I know it the uk there are laws that prevent them treating you differently because you are pregnant.

Yep I'm in the UK. I don't think they'd treat me unfairly, I just wonder if they'd be annoyed all the same. But you're both right... If I were giving advice to someone in my situation I'd probably be saying the same thing as you.

They might be annoyed but they wouldn't be able to do anything about their annoyance as the laws protect us enough here. I agree with the others, I wouldn't put work first. They must know its likely you will want another child at some point so it isn't going to be a huge shock. Also - imagine if you do put it off 6 months and it takes ages to get pg? You will be so annoyed you waited...

They might be annoyed but they wouldn't be able to do anything about their annoyance as the laws protect us enough here. I agree with the others, I wouldn't put work first. They must know its likely you will want another child at some point so it isn't going to be a huge shock. Also - imagine if you do put it off 6 months and it takes ages to get pg? You will be so annoyed you waited...

Very true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->