work

naomimitchell

Reaction score
would i be a bad mum if i went back to work now my bubs is only 7 weeks and 3 days.

Personally I couldn't dream of leaving my little one at 7 weeks - I'm having nightmares about leaving her at 6 months... but that's me.

Do you have to go back to work? Or do you not want to be at home? What will you do with your LO when you go back to work?

You are not a bad mother for going back to work? If you want to go back to work and that would be your decision. :)

I was hoping to go back to work after a couple of months too, my OH is gonna be the 'house husband' purely because his job involves him leaving home for 2weeks every 2weeks! Just makes sense. So I think it depends on your situation, and no you are not a bad mother for thinking of your childs future!!!!!

I don't think it makes you a bad Mother. Some Mothers go back even earlier because their circumstances are so desperate and they need the money to live. Personally unless I had no choice I would try and wait until the LO is atleast 3 mnths. But like I said if I HAD to I would, even though it would be very hard for me.

Do you need to? I wouldn't but depends on your circumstances.

Of course you wouldnt be a bad mother! Sometimes moneywise these things are called for, other times its just what you want to do and thats fine. I think getting back into work quite quickly (as long as you're fit enough emotionally and physically after giving birth) can also help as sometimes the longer you take off work, the harder it might be to get back!

Not at all. If you feel ready to go back to work then do that. It's completely your decision. No-one will think of you as a bad mother.

:)

Hello,

I don't think you would be a bad mother if you leave your baby at 7 weeks to go back work but, try to find another option. I mean,to tell the truth, your child is still young and he or she needs you more and more and he/she will never find someone who will take car of him/her better than you. Me for exemple, I decided to open my dayhome and don't leave my son untill he is unless 12 months;like this I earn money and I have my son with me. But if the baby stay with your husband or a member of your family I think it's easier. So, in the end,it's your baby and your decision and you better your situation than us.

I hope it's help you a bit.

Good luck

sihem

I worked for my aunt 1 day a week when Savannah was 8wks. I enjoyed having the time to be me, even though I didn't particularly like the job. It was also good to have some money.

Your baby needs diapers and the rest of what babies require that cost money. Having a baby doesn't make the need for money go down. Instead it all goes up. If you need to work to provide for her, then you're not a bad mother to do so.

Around where I live, we've got these career women who put their babies in day care as early as possible to get back to work because they love making money more than anything. I'm talking wealthy women, women who don't have to work to still live a rich life. I question those women as mothers, not women who aren't rolling in cash and so need to work to provide.

you have helped im only going back cos of the money otherwise i wudnt she will be stopping wit my mother in law xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->