• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

working at night desperate for advice!

lisaalove

Reaction score
Okay so I work at nights he usually sleeps the whole time I'm at work. I feed him right before I leave and then I get home and he usually wakes up 30 minutes aafter I've gotten home to eat he won't eat from hhubby from the bottle any more, not sure why. I realize he sleeps most the time so I understand that tthere's no need to wake him with his age but when he does wake up he won't even eat an ounce for him. So question being do I still pump at work? Do I minimally pump? I work 4 days a week and when I'm home on my off days he'll wake and eat after 5 hours usually not the 7-8 I like when I'm gone for work. Also he's a comfort ccosleeper so he will eat on and off while we sleep Iin bed together I just don't want my supply to dip too much if I drop a pump currently pumping twice (both breasts each time) and one breast before I head home so one doesn't get too engorged before he can eat out of that one. (Not fully emptying just enough so I'm not in pain before he gets to that one!)
Any advice from someone who's gone through similar would help!
TIA
p.s. sorry for spelling mistakes on my phone.

The idea with pumping is either to do it to increase supply or to maintain supply. When baby has a growth spurt they 'put in their order' a couple of days before needed so pumping to increase supply gives your body msgs that the baby needs more milk.

To maintain supply the idea is to pump roughly the time LO has a feed. If your LO is not having a full feed the nights you're home then perhaps it's an idea to pump a small feed off to maintain supply at those times of day (body literally learns your baby's feeding schedule). However if you have the odd night when you can't pump much or at all at work then it should not affect supply at all as it takes body 2 or 3 days to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->