working from home

karenh24

3rd tri
Reaction score
hey ladies i wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what jobs i can do from home my MIL expects me to get a job when baby is 3 months old and i don't want to leave baby with her, its my first and i'd really like some bonding time, i was a student before i got pregnant and havent finished my degree yet i go back when baby is 6 months old.any ideas welcome

I work from home part of the year. It's answering phones so I can't have a screaming baby but I would have my grandma out in the living room watching the baby and run out between calls. Maybe that would work with the MIL so you are still there.

It will be hard to work while simultaneously watching a baby full time IMO

Don't do something because your MIL wants you to do. Who on earth does she think she is to do that anyway! Tell her where to go.

If you decide you want to do some work from home, and you should'nt do it just because your MIL thinks you should, maybe have a look on a website called people per hour - you might be able to pick up some admin work (if your computer happy)

Or, I have plenty of friends who make money doing things they love, like cake decorating, making baby things, so if you have a talent that people would pay for (I don't, i'm hopelessly uncreative) you could use that?

Also, remember staying at home with a LO, especially around that age when they get more interesting and notice more about the world etc is hard work, and you can't exactly sit and work continuously at home.

Thanx for your replies everyone my main concern is i want to breastfeed i dnt want to use bottles im trying to think of ideas that i can do from home such as make things etc im not bothered by how much money i make anything extra is a bonus

Could you babysit or be a childminder? I'm not sure how it works with registration and fees for insurance etc though.
Or maybe you could be a dog walker or get a paper round? Both could easily be done with baby in a carrier or pram. Some people also do deliveries for parcel services etc., which might work if you're driving?
Do you have any special talents? Translation work for example? Or tutoring seeing as you're working towards a degree?

I agree with a previous poster though, don't get a job for MIL's sake. Especially not one that'll make breast feeding harder!

Thanx for your replies everyone my main concern is i want to breastfeed i dnt want to use bottles im trying to think of ideas that i can do from home such as make things etc im not bothered by how much money i make anything extra is a bonus

What are you going to do when you go back to college. You will have to use bottles then unless you have a feeding from a distance super power. So you cant really use that as a reason to make you feel better about your MILs demands if you are actually planning on going back.

Sorry if this sounds harsh- but grow a spine. She has no right to intervene in your life.

Also as a PP has pointed out- you cant tell a baby to sit and expect them to do it until your ready and done with work. It is incredibly difficult to get anything done with a baby let alone work.

I've always managed to work from home and brought up two children and have a baby on the way. If you are super organised with your time there's plenty of hours in the day to simultaneously look after baby and work, obviously I never get a moments rest from the minute I get up until bedtime but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Working from home is a fantastic way to not have to depend on nursery/childcare etc

I am an accountant so had to go to uni and now have my own business, but what were you studying/are you interested in? Is there any way you could finish off your degree by distance learning and then do a job from home relating to that?

Do think pp had a great idea of childminding though, they are always in very high demand and I have a few friends who have done this in order to be able to stay at home.

Good Luck! :)

will look into childminding. im studying forensics so not something i can do from home.i want to breastfeed till 6 months an then express only when/if i really need to, i'll b back to uni when baby is 6 months but only for 2 hours a day with him being my first baby i want to spend as much time as i can with him.in all honesty i lost my baby at 22 + 5 in my last pregnancy and now with this baby i guess u could say i have an anxiety thing going on i don't want to leave him when i don't absolutely need to

will look into childminding. im studying forensics so not something i can do from home.i want to breastfeed till 6 months an then express only when/if i really need to, i'll b back to uni when baby is 6 months but only for 2 hours a day with him being my first baby i want to spend as much time as i can with him.in all honesty i lost my baby at 22 + 5 in my last pregnancy and now with this baby i guess u could say i have an anxiety thing going on i don't want to leave him when i don't absolutely need to

You do not have to justify or explain yourself for wanting to spend time with your baby! It's not just you being clingy, it'll greatly benefit your baby as well! So go ahead and be with your baby all you want/can, nothing wrong with that at all!

Don't then. This is what im saying. Tell your MIL to swivel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->