Working hard for the money

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by christal85, Nov 13, 2011.

1. christal85

christal85 Well-Known Member

Hey ladies!

Anyone else have a very labour intense job? I'm a dog groomer and my job consists of heavy lifting, bites, long hours bending over, getting kicked or knocked over and standing in one spot.

How should I coup with this? My boss isn't the most pregnant friendly person and will insist I have notes for everything i tell her I can't do.

Is hard work bad for the baby? I break into sweats and have aches and pains daily. Should I quite my job? Go on early leave?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice :)

2. laylasmummy

laylasmummy Well-Known Member

i work with children with challanging behaviour and with my first pregnancy i was granted maternity related sick until i was able to start my maternity leave. This time round i do the same job but am self employed so have employed extra help but i understand what you mean, sometimes its hard to see how you would cope as you got bigger! x