working mums?

lindblum

3 girls + 1 on the way
Reaction score
If you have kids in school, is the only option part-time?

how do other mums fit work and school in?

I am returning to work full time next month, my eldest Ewan will be 7 so we have booked him into a holiday club and it sounds really good. I will be working shifts so hubby will have to take then and pick them up some times. And a friend has offered to help when he is away.

I don't have any experience yet as my LOs are still small, but Earl has been to 2 different childminders and they both offered school drop offs and pick ups. One little girl had been with the same CM since she was 8 months and is now 7 and she takes her to and from school every day, and has her all day in the holidays.

A friend I used to work with had 3 children aged 5, 7 and 9 who all went to a childminder around her work too.

there are before and after school and hoilday clubs/child minders which parents can use if they work full time jobs, x

I'm lucky that my OH works from home so he does the school runs that I cant do :flower:

I worked part time in a school when mine were at school however if i worked full time school does breakfast club from 8am and an outside agency runs the after school club til 6pm...

Thank you so much ladies, i had no idea about after school/breakfast clubs or asking childminders to drop/pickup.

Its hard knowing what to do, I would be at a complete loss if it wasnt for OH working at home, it does mean he works late into the night sometimes or on weekends as he technically finishs work at 2.45, its hard for him to get it done when Lucas is home :wacko:

I'm glad you have posted this as I was wondering the exact same thing! Although my eldest doesnt start school till next year I really wasn't sure what I'd do work wise to fit in with the school run!

My kids go to an after-school care. I work full-time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->