• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working mums!!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Ive been back at work since courtney was 5 months.... Im still at my previous job - a resturant but only doing 1 or 2 shifts a week there!!

I went back as early as I did because CIS co-op insurance needed a temp worker to cover long term sick, and as my sister already works there I was first choice! couldnt turn it down really with a 3grand credit card and a love to shop I jumped at the chance... originally it was 20 hours a week (which cover the mat pay I was losing) then what ever I did at buddies (my original job/restaurant) was a bonus!!

But.... The line -manager likes me so much Ive slipped into a full time working week, just finished my 5th week full time (give or take a few hours) and I AM SHATTERED!!! Luckily Im only doing 3 days at the temp job next week due to my mum being on holiday but I wanted to know what you other mummys do!???!!

I dont want to be working so much soon, but I find it difficult to say no due to the money loss! But i know i need too, not only for my sake but courtneys too....

What do you girls think??

Im going back to work in June when Meadow is four months old. I really really dont want to but we are broke so no choice. Im going to be a prison officer at Wormwood Scrubs eventually but not sure when Im supposed to be starting that so I think Ill have to do some waitressing before. I HATE waitressing but its easy to get and the tips are good. I vowed never to do it again after the last place.

So you will go back full time?? who will take care of LO?? Do you worry you will miss out on things??

Yeh it will be full time. OH will be at home because he works at home a little. Yeah Im worried Im going to miss out on loads of things like first foods when shes weaning, first words, taking her swimming, everything!

So who takes care of Courtney Kerry if your managing a full time week atm?

Honestly after working today i realise that i infact miss working and would like to go back part time, definatley not full time, i just dont know when ...

Im working full time, Seth is in nursery. Once I got used to it its really not as bad as I think and I dont feel like Im missing out on lots because he's doing so much better there and developing much better than he would if he was at home with me, he's very active and needs to be constantly stimulated, so its better for him to be at nursery IMO.

However all babies and mummys are different, if you dont feel comfy working full time stand your ground and say something. Employers have to be understanding about mothers returning to work and have to make it easy for you.

xxx

Im lucky cos my mum has weds and thursdays off and my nan is happy to have her mondays and fridays!! Its only till 2 anyways cos OH works 6-2!! Tuesdays are the days I have problems so most weeks I do 3-7 on a tuesday... so Im 3 hours short of a full week.... then I do an extra shift at the restaurant... tomorrow 3-close :(!!

Oh yeah I definetly enjoy working and would be bored senseless being a SAHM but I need to being strong and say no to all these hours!!
Especially when the summer comes... taking courtney to the park and so forth :)

I have also missed out on meeting up with my mummy friends...!! :(

i'm going back full time in june. mum having fin x 2 days and he's at nursery x 3. i am really looking forward to it..... being at home is starting to do my nut in!!! xx

Im working full time, Seth is in nursery. Once I got used to it its really not as bad as I think and I dont feel like Im missing out on lots because he's doing so much better there and developing much better than he would if he was at home with me, he's very active and needs to be constantly stimulated, so its better for him to be at nursery IMO.

However all babies and mummys are different, if you dont feel comfy working full time stand your ground and say something. Employers have to be understanding about mothers returning to work and have to make it easy for you.

xxx

Yeh even though courtney isnt in a nursery or anything yet I agree she is developing well due to being around different ppl, like my mum and nan and so forth!! When they have her they spend every minute with her...!! Where as when I was with her all the time I found myself coming on the comp and not focusing all my attention on her!!

Now when Im with her I appreciate all our time together!! My employer will be fine... its me being greedy with the money side lol!!

It seems like a no win situation for me atm if im honest, i dont want to be stuck at home with no proper adult stimulation for my brain and i dont want to lose my career ive worked hard for but i dont want to miss out on precious time with Brooke that i wont get back ... aaaargh!!

Yeh it will be full time. OH will be at home because he works at home a little. Yeah Im worried Im going to miss out on loads of things like first foods when shes weaning, first words, taking her swimming, everything!

:hugs: Im lucky in the sense I get an hour for lunch and I come home or wherever she is to see her!! Breaks my day up!!
When she sees me she gets so so excited... its the best feeling ever :)

It seems like a no win situation for me atm if im honest, i dont want to be stuck at home with no proper adult stimulation for my brain and i dont want to lose my career ive worked hard for but i dont want to miss out on precious time with Brooke that i wont get back ... aaaargh!!

its hard isnt it hun.... :hugs:

See I havent even got a proper career plan going on yet, (which is also stressing me out) but will start a new thread for that!! lol!!

xxx

Yeh even though courtney isnt in a nursery or anything yet I agree she is developing well due to being around different ppl, like my mum and nan and so forth!! When they have her they spend every minute with her...!! Where as when I was with her all the time I found myself coming on the comp and not focusing all my attention on her!!

Now when Im with her I appreciate all our time together!! My employer will be fine... its me being greedy with the money side lol!!

its so easy to cave into money hun. Its not greedy, you're just doing whats best for you & your family. No need to feel like you're doing anything wrong.

xxx

xxx

its so easy to cave into money hun. Its not greedy, you're just doing whats best for you & your family. No need to feel like you're doing anything wrong.

xxx

I sometimes feel like I am doing something wrong though.... I feel like some ppl look down on me for not spending loads of time with courtney!

I feel like that with one of my mummy friends too hun its really hard, but only you know yourself what makes you happy and whats best for your family. And if she is bitching about you behind your back you dont need her as a friend.

xxx

I am back only part time atm, roughly 20 hours a week.

I have spread all my hours out and they are mostly at night so I am with Daisy all day then OH has her, i have had to do it that way cos OH's mother is too unreliable to look after Daisy (long story)
If I do go back full time (which i realy don't want to do) I will put Daisy in Nursery for some of it xxx

I think you are fab for working all those hours then coming home to look after Courtney! I'm knackered just doing the 20 hours!

I'll be returning to work full time in mid-August when Alyssa is 6 months old. I wish I didn't have to, or at least not full time, but it makes the best financial sense for our little family for me to do so. Hubby is a stay-at-home dad, so I think we're fortunate there; it makes me feel less like I'll be missing out on anything knowing Chris will be with Alyssa, camera and camcorder at the ready!

As I am a single mummy and get very little help from her dad, I have no choice but to return to work. Rihanna will be 7 n 1/2 mth old.

I requested to return 4 days a week or have a couple of afternoons off in the week and take the pay cut but it was declined :-( and I am gutted.

Come 5th of May I have no choice but to put Rihanna is nursery care 5 days a week full time, it's going to break my heart, but I have us both to feed and a mortgage and bills to pay.

xx

As I am a single mummy and get very little help from her dad, I have no choice but to return to work. Rihanna will be 7 n 1/2 mth old.

I requested to return 4 days a week or have a couple of afternoons off in the week and take the pay cut but it was declined :-( and I am gutted.

Come 5th of May I have no choice but to put Rihanna is nursery care 5 days a week full time, it's going to break my heart, but I have us both to feed and a mortgage and bills to pay.

xx

AAwww I thought companies were supposed to help out mums with young kids more now?
Is there no one else you can talk to about it? My company were really good that way they asked me when I wanted to work and gave me those hours xxx

Yeah I dont think they can give you a straight down refusal...!! definetly seek more advice on that one hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->