• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working mums!!!

they gave me a list of reasons why i couldnt and i felt so small in the meeting even thought i said what i wanted to say and it made no difference. i dont want to appeal and makes this even more awkward. my boss as 3 kids but travelled on business all his life. cos i am a manager of 4 peeps i have to set an example he said. ********!

:-( xxx make no wonder i am depressed with it all, xx

I do not know what to say, Kerry, as I am not due to go back to work until the end of June. But, it sounds tiring to work full time!!!

As I am a single mummy and get very little help from her dad, I have no choice but to return to work. Rihanna will be 7 n 1/2 mth old.

I requested to return 4 days a week or have a couple of afternoons off in the week and take the pay cut but it was declined :-( and I am gutted.

Come 5th of May I have no choice but to put Rihanna is nursery care 5 days a week full time, it's going to break my heart, but I have us both to feed and a mortgage and bills to pay.

xx

That is so crappy! However, can you put her in a nursery or childminder close to your work so you can see her on your lunch hour? That is what I am doing once I go back to work.

I work on an industrial estate and also travel as part of my job desc (which i was reminded when i had my meeting to decline my request) and only get 30 mins for lunch so it no option for me.

my nursery is 20 mins from work so if needed my mum or brother could pick her up or drop her off for me xxx :-( Im so down at the moment with it all but love Rihanna 200% and have no regrets in having her.

Suppose I should be grateful that I still have a job with the current economic climate... I will look for a more flexible option once it brightens up xxx

I am currently deciding what to do, as if I go back ft I will only take home just under 400GBP par month for an 160 hour week! It will be just as bad if I go back PT as I have no family that can babysit for me at all :(. So I am not looking forward to it. I know there is definitely no way I could work if I had another, as I wouldn't earn enough to cover the childcare costs! Boo :(

I sometimes feel that we are forced to be stay at home mums, as I would be paying the childminder nearly 850GBP a month! I only earn 1150GBP!! There is a childminder in my council block, with 5 children to mind - she makes more than me :(

I worked full time when Emily was little. At first because I was the main wage earner and then when I became the sole wage earner I had no option. That said I wanted to work full time. It gave Emily different opportunities as I could afford piano lessons and to do 'stuff' on weekends etc. and I dont feel like I missed out.
This time I'm going back 3 days and I'm very excited about working part time for the first time in my life! I am quite looking forward to it TBH :)

Sod what others think Kerry - you do what suits YOU and YOUR family!

Sod what others think Kerry - you do what suits YOU and YOUR family!

Totally agree wiv mervs mum ..... Its up to YOU Kerry and we know you will make the right decision for your family, no one else :hugs: x

I went back to work when Danny was 8 weeks old. DH has been out of a job since September so that 8 weeks we were with literally no income - and to top it off we don't qualify for state assistance (just food stamps and only because I'm lying right now about my income) because we're married. Maternity laws are shit in the US. Then to top it off I was due for a raise in February but didn't get it because I was out 2 months so that was taken out of the 6 months that I go between raises. :-({|=

It's really tiring working 8-5 then going home and having Mommy duty till 10:00but it can be done, Kerry. Your body gets used to it pretty quickly. Emotionally it's a lot harder though. I'm sure you'll figure what's right for you and your family. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->