Working out after a BFP - what's too much?

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been talked about...

I got my BFP last week and am only 4w1d today. I have recently gotten back into swimming laps and swam 6 days over the last week. I started noticing some brown discharge today and now I'm worried.

Could working out too much cause old blood to come through? Or is this something I should be more worried about?

I don't swim HARD, but I do swim pretty non-stop for about 45 min. Since the BFP I have made an effort not to push myself too hard and to not push off the wall with too much force.

Any work out advice? Am I just being overly paranoid?

I don't work out much so I can say. But everyone's handles pregnancy differently and it is harder on some than others. The only I can do is reccomends talking to your doctor about it as they could give you the best kinda guidelines as they are following you and can see how it affects you.

Forgive all the words missing and such... me and phone don't have a very loving relationship with each other.

I hope I can talk to my Dr. soon, or maybe the nurse I have an appointment with on Thursday can answer that question.

I would hope swimming is something I can do till the very end, it's pretty much the only work out I thoroughly enjoy and happily do multiple times a week :/

I'm sure swimming is fine. Everything I've read though, says you should be able to keep up a conversation whilst working out. If you can't, you're working too hard. So it depends how fit you are. If I swam for 45 mins I wouldn't be able to breathe, let alone talk!!

I think the brown spottingis fairly common around when your period would have been so I hope it's nothing to worry about.

I'm sure swimming is fine. Everything I've read though, says you should be able to keep up a conversation whilst working out. If you can't, you're working too hard. So it depends how fit you are. If I swam for 45 mins I wouldn't be able to breathe, let alone talk!!

I think the brown spottingis fairly common around when your period would have been so I hope it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks citrus!! Ya I can usually have a conversation after and during swimming with no problem! Ask me to climb a flight of stairs and I get winded!! Haha

The life of a swimmer!

I workout.. I try to everyday. I just renewed my gym membership yesterday... I went and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.. From what I read it's good for you and the baby to stay active. Just don't over exert yourself.

My doctors have told me that you know your body the best if you feel you aren't pushing yourself too hard then you should be fine. But only you know what you can and can't handle because everyone is different. I was also told about the being able to hold a conversation as a secondary th8ng if I feel I can't judge it for myself. Hope this helps!

Swimming is supposed to be great during pregnancy, as long as you aren't overexerting yourself. They also say that if you're already active, there's no reason you can't stay active - it's only adopting new activities that can be troublesome. I wouldn't worry about a bit of brown spotting around 4 weeks, but if it persists or gets bright, I might give it a rest on the swimming until I talked to a doctor, just in case.

As per my midwife, though, a healthy pregnancy won't miscarry from normal, everyday activity. You'd have to experience serious physical trauma, and I can't imagine that you'd manage that in a swimming pool.

My mom swam her fastest mile 10 hours before I was born. My doctor said anything low impact is absolutely fine as long as you were doing it before.

I've still been jogging and weight lifting when I feel ok. The key thing is to listen to your body; if you start feeling tired earlier, do shorter distances or take rest until your energy comes back.

Sorry if this has been talked about...

I got my BFP last week and am only 4w1d today. I have recently gotten back into swimming laps and swam 6 days over the last week. I started noticing some brown discharge today and now I'm worried.

Could working out too much cause old blood to come through? Or is this something I should be more worried about?

I don't swim HARD, but I do swim pretty non-stop for about 45 min. Since the BFP I have made an effort not to push myself too hard and to not push off the wall with too much force.

Any work out advice? Am I just being overly paranoid?

I'm still working out but definitely not as hard as before - lower impact and really paying attention to my body. Good luck!!

This is a great question because I work out 5 days a week, doing high impact step. Since Ive found out that Im pregnant, I have stopped and going to wait until I talk to my DR on the 23rd. I am just being cautious until I get a green light from her. I would say do what you feel is best but dont overexert yourself.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->