working out how many weeks pregnant you are with PCOS and irregular cycles

fairy1984

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have PCOS and irregular cycles. as i only just got my :bfp: yesterday but my last AF was 14th feb i dont know what to think. if i had've concieved 2 weeks after 14th feb then i'd of had a positive test sooner than yesterday surely? should i assume that i conceived 2 weeks before my BFP?

i dont have an appointment with the midwife for another 2 weeks so i have to guess between now and then. i'd like to know so i can count down the weeks until first tri is over....

any thoughts welcomed :)

Hmmm it would be difficult to work out exactly, you would only get a rough window of due dates but not an exact one.

I had this problem with my pregnancy, she sadly grew her wings too early :cry:

But I hadnt had a period for 2 years when I fell pregnant so all I could go by was the scans! at my first appointment the MW felt my tummy and said I ws 15 weeks gone :shock: but then went I went for my scan a week later I was (according to them) 13 weeks and 2 days.....

Its hard to tell because Sophie was actually older than thry thought..they told me this when she went for her post mortem!

Congrats :hugs: and good luck xxx

I had long irregular cycles my last period was 31st December I got my :bfp: on 4th March, I always ovulated late in my cycle but i had been monitoring possible ovulation dates and noted our :sex: sessions.

As my :bfp: was really feint it could have been either of two dates late in my cycle, i had blood tests at the hospital to test my hcg and they booked a scan for three weeks after. when i was scanned i was 7w+2 which was my latest date (the other was 5 days earlier).

if your worried you can see you gp and get some bloods done they will give you a rough outline of how far you are. the Early pregnancy unit told me they won't scan until the blood have levels over 1500Miu but the longer you wait for the scan the greater the chances of seeing a heartbeat.

Good Luck

Im in the same situation my lmp was jan 11th (also have pcos) but I think Im only 6+2 weeks and the way I figured that was from days we bd'd (pretty sure little bean was concieved on our 5th anniversary!) and from the ultrasound I had a week ago that put me right at 5 weeks but they still havent gave me a due date. I get another u/s this thursday and my fingers are crossed that I see a hb and get somewhat of a due date. they will have to do an u/s to get a actual due date. good luck to you Ive been in this waiting game for a due date for over a month as I have already had two u/s and my next one is thursday we are getting them every two weeks. my doc is so nice she booked me for my next one so I wouldnt be worried that I still havent seen a hb! probably wont have a due date until my actual doctors appt on the 23rd! oh well as long as its a healthy bean!

I'm having a similar problem altho I dont suffer with PCOS.

My LMP was Feb 24th but it was only 2 days long - 1st medium flow, 2nd day medium to light and stopping completely by the evening. My periods are usually 5 days long being very heavy for the first 2 or 3 days and then tapering off till day 5 or 6. So this was not a normal one.
My period before that (29th Jan) was normal as far as I remember. So initially my doctor put my LMP as the January one but my midwife has erred on the side of caution and put my LMP as the February one.
I seemed to have the majority of symptoms in February, around the same time that I had a throat infection, so I just assumed that I was run down and suffering with that. I felt sick for pretty much the entire month, and totally exhausted, and since my :bfp: my symptoms have eased off. I just feel sick when I'm hungry now.
I'm going to be having a dating scan over the next couple of weeks, I'm just waiting to hear back from the hosptial about it.

I hope you girls all get the answers you want! :hugs:

I also have PCOS and very irregular cycles,when I got my BFP I wasnt sure how far pg i was and didnt really know for sure until my dating scan at 12 weeks up untill then I was just dating myself since my last period and I only ended up being about a week out lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->