working out throughout Pregnancy...easier labour?

_Elizabeth_

Reaction score
Hey girls I am 31 weeks pregnant and I have a question...was labour easier for any of you that worked out throughout your pregnancy and did it make losing the pregnancy weight easier? I've always been curious. I've continued my work out (Lighter intensity of course) through my whole pregnancy so far and really wondering if its gonna do me any favors for when my time comes.

I didn't go to the gym as such bt I worked till 40 week cleaned cut grass shopped etc as usual didn't lye about and I had a 2 hour labour which o strangely enjoyed bt I ended up with a 3rd degree tear bt that was cz lo had the cord twice round her kneck and when her head was out they had to just pull her out! Bt I believe that if you keep busy you'll hav a easier labour! Good luck! Xx

I was a lazy cow and didn't do much at all apart from a bit of walking and I went swimming only three times during the whole pregnancy! I had an incredibly easy and fast labour (first baby too). I did do my pelvic floor excercises though and am very glad I did!!!!

Exercising during pregnancy can make your labour easier because you'll have maintained some sort of capacity for physical exertion. Labour is all about stamina.

Hard to know, I exercised the whole way through, had an awful labour that ended with an emcs. I think the exercise definitely helped my recovery though - the midwives all remarked on it and when the hospital physio came to see me she thought she'd come to the wrong person :haha:

i walked for an hour every day from 30 weeks onwards and was fit pre-pregnancy. my labour was 36hours long and i had to be induced towards the end due to risk of infection. on the hand i gave birth 2 weeks early and i found the whole labour experience ok. it wasnt unbearable and i didnt use any pain relief. just very long.

I kept very fit and ate right during my pregnancy, but my labor was hell. lol

I will say working out during pregnancy did help the weight fall off. 10 days after I gave birth I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'll add that I did not work out after birth (I could barely move easily after my 3rd degree tear), and I was eating enough to feed 5 grown men and the weight still fell off. haha

I was super fit pre-pregnancy, I was super fit during pregnancy right up till the last second (39 weeks) and due to my fitness and activity levels during my pregnancy I had VERY frequent Braxton hicks which my midwife told me was down to being too active and also having a honed uterus and that my baby would fly out.

Labour was awful and baby got stuck....however, if she hadnt got stuck I do think she would have flown out with the intensity and strength of the contractions!

Post partum though, I looked identical (bar biggest breasts) literally the minute after giving birth. My abdominal muscles never spit as my bump was small and baby neatly contained behind my strong abs, and the minute my LO was out, my stomach went completely flat (flatter than before?!) and the rest of me hadnt changed size much.

So yes, I think remaining fit and active and healthy during pregnancy really does help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->