Working out & TTC

princess2406

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys💙
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I absolutely love working out daily, whether it's going for a run which I usually run between 3-6 miles once a week, plus daily circuits at home which include sit ups, squats, mountain climbers, squat jumps and planks. I'm in better shape now than I was before having my ds :thumbup:

Is it ok to keep excercising like this whilst TTC and when pregnant? x

Long as you are used to it- then yes! I wouldn't take up some new intense workout once you fall prego- but if you normally run, or lift weights, or do high intensity cardio- it's fine while TTC and during. I still recommend you discuss what your doing with your OB once you are prego though :)

My OB was fine with everything I did- again, I worked out prior to pregnancy and wanted to continue to do so. But at 27wks I was told I had to take it easier due to placenta previa- but could still do elliptical, light weights etc.

Kudos to you for getting in and keeping in shape!!! I got in even BETTER shape after my LO was born- I think losing the extra baby weight was my motivator, and then, I figured- why not keep going!? :haha:

Continuing to work out during TTC and pregnancy is actually suggested. Of course, only you and your doctor know your history, and they will tell you if there is any reason to stop, but for a normal healthy female there is no reason to change your routine.

However, I must add that if you take pre-workouts or supplements, you should probably stop those (unless it's additive-free protein) while TTC and pregnancy. My wife stops using her during the TWW, and will take them again during AF and up until insemination, then back off for the TWW. She will stop completely once she falls pregnant :)

Thanks for this, I will of course check with the midwife when we do get pg but it's good to know I can carry on if safe to do so x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->