• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working out why

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm currently in that horrible limbo place between knowing it's a non-viable pregnancy and the hospital confirming it with a third and final scan (I've known for 3w but they keep seeing random growth). Even though I have a fetal pole measuring 3.5w behind with no visible heartbeat, they want one last scan before they'll book me in for a d&c or pills.

I may just be torturing myself but I'm trying to work out what might have gone wrong so I can try to address the issue over the course of the next few months before we consider TTC again.

I have had some hormonal problems since I had my son was born (irregular periods, anovulatory cycles etc) and am overweight so I'm pretty sure this has had an effect on whether this pregnancy was successful or not.

Nit really sure the point in this post, just feel a bit lost and unsure of where to turn for support x

MrsMac I don't know the answer but I wanted to send hugs. I commented on your post about 3 weeks ago when I had bleeding, sadly mine ended in another ectopic but I hope and pray you're ok. Hugs xxx

Sorry MrsMac :hugs:

Before I conceived my second pregnancy, I noticed my cycles were all over the place and suspected the last three cycles (at least) were anovulatory. So I am wondering if this was a factor in my miscarriage, too. I had a bad feeling that if I wasn't ovulating, then that first egg to be released would be an old egg and would be unlikely to make a successful pregnancy. For me, I think my crazy cycles were a result of being really poorly with the flu (the fever and hallucinating kind, not the common head cold), as my cycles were fine before this. I am taking the fact that I managed to conceive as a sign that my cycles/hormones had returned to 'normal', so I'm trying not to worry yet.

I hope the hospital wind things up for you soon, although of course I hope there will be good news for you,and I hope you figure out what is happening with your hormones xx

Thank you both, it really helps just to get it off my chest.

My symptoms are starting to wind down now so I hope things will get moving soon. I would prefer it that way.

I just hope I can get healthy enough to have another baby, I just don't feel like I'm finished yet!

Wishing you all much luck too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->