Worn out with Bethanie's mood swings!!

T

Tilly

Im sure this is just normal toddler stuff but im finding it hard to cope with Bethanie's CONSTANT tantrums. Everything seems to be a problem for her recently. Most of the time it seems to be when im getting her dressed, she won't lie down, is kicking and trying to roll off.

Any tips to control her? i've tried naughty step but she just runs away, tried bribing her, giving her 1 minute *time out* in her cot..

When she is good she is beautiful and is a good girl with most things you'd expect problems with - mealtimes etc.. but when she is bad, she is horrid!!

HELP!:dohh:

Sounds like the terrible two's @ 18 months. Alisha was like that @ 18 months, and could get a gold medal in the olympics for tantrums.

She is getting better , the tantrums are less, probably because she can express herself better, but when she goes off on one, its like the kid on omen.

It will get better. Alot of it is frustration, she knows what she wants, but can't tell you. The main thing is not to give in to her, hard as it is.

We used to try the, well have a tantrum in the middle of WHsmiths/ Boots/ tesco I'll leave you there. Walk just out of her sight, but not out of yours, but it didn't work, she would stay there all day, umlike DS who would come running as soon as you moved a step.

We will normally punish by loss of treats, no computer/ taking piggy away @ bedtime (animatronic thing that sings my girl), time out occasionally works.

All I can say is it does get better, but I think it is one of the joys of having a girl.

maybe ask her to help u get herslef dressed.

Thanks for the tips Caroline

Vicky - she can't dress herself yet.. :o

I don't think Vicky meant dress herself lol ...get her to help!

I do it with Caitlin now I'll say "one arm out" and she actually has started doing it ...i've done little actions with her etc. Puts her feet in air so I can put her trousers on...if she doesn't she doesn't but I alwas try & talk to her whist I dress her.

:D x

Oh, I read wrong lol. She does her arms up and stuff and I talk/sing, everything.. but she still has tantrums!

Can you make it into a quick game if its just dressing?

My advice would be useless as I've not been there :blush: but thought I'd reply how I read Vickys reply :D Thats what I think she meant anyway x

I would say ignore the bad stuff and go overboard with the good stuff. If she feels shes getting alot of attention from the 'bad' behaviour she'll do it more, worth a try?

Joe is nearly 3 and he wouldnt understand naughty step or sticker charts....yet! but they will be good for the future :)

When Joe is playing up I just say oh is Joe being abit silly and then ignore it till he calms down the sit down with him (at his level) and ask him is he sorry for being abit silly. Then we hug and I have to say his tantrums are quite rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->