Worried about an early birth

Nikko88

Reaction score
I don't know why, but with this pregnancy I have this nagging feeling that baby boy is going to come early. At my 20 weeks scan, they didn't tell me any measurements. My midwife says my fundal height is on track even though I feel big and he's sitting low.

My daughter went 12 days late and I fully expected it because she was always on the small side and was my first.

Part of me feels like I don't need to get anything ready because my first was so late. Part of me is freaking out. What if I don't have the luxury of that extra time?

Not that I need to get much done other than the nursery, sorting clothes, getting newborn diapers... Okay maybe I have a few things.

My daughter's birthday is Oct 22. My due date is Nov 11. If he doesn't go to dates or past, their birthdays will be so close. My brother, father and I all have our birthdays in a two week span. And sometimes my brother and I got combined birthdays (but 2 cakes).

You just can't tell, I don't think bAbys size matters much, I have small babies and some were early and some were late. I also seem to have all their birthdays crammed together, in fact my youngest 2 share a birthday (6th nov- one was due 11th nov and the other the 1st nov!)
X

There's no way to tell, especially this early on. The best way to tell is by measuring cervical length. As you get further along it continues to shorten and even more so when you start effacing. My biggest baby was the latest one at 38 weeks.

At 20 weeks baby can move out of optimal position still, although mine never did.

Really no point in stressing something with no symptoms. If you start contracting or showing other signs of labor then I would say you can change your tune, but for now I say you are good and relax! ❤️❤️❤️

baby's size has nothing to do with when he is coming

baby's size has nothing to do with when he is coming

Not on it's own. But it can be an indication of overall development. I think I'm just suddenly realizing I am closer to delivery than not.

There's no way to tell, especially this early on. The best way to tell is by measuring cervical length. As you get further along it continues to shorten and even more so when you start effacing. My biggest baby was the latest one at 38 weeks.

At 20 weeks baby can move out of optimal position still, although mine never did.

Really no point in stressing something with no symptoms. If you start contracting or showing other signs of labor then I would say you can change your tune, but for now I say you are good and relax! ❤️❤️❤️

Baby's size doesn't mean anything. With my son, I had to be induced 11 days overdue and he weighed 9lb 10.5oz. I think once you have a thought that gives you anxiety, it can be hard to shift, but it doesn't 'mean' anything.
I'd get stuff ready at a sensible time, rather than panicking and giving yourself extra stress. If baby did come early, you'll cope, but for now enjoy your pregnancy xxxxxx

Size definitely doesn't come into play.

I've had a 7lb-er come three days late and a 10lb-er come ten days late!

They come when they're ready.

I'd just get things done, one thing a week, at a pace that suites you and try not to think too much into it.

Good luck :)

I suppose the other contributing factors to the worry is that my weight is up, I've been suffering from recurrent yeast infections (never had a problem before so I worry it's an early sign of GD), and I have a friend who was induced at 38 weeks because she had GD and baby was already getting big.

My 1 hr glucose test is next week and I've been trying to limit my sugars. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the worry.

Also I think it's just seeing the rapid approach of double digits until the due date makes me realize this is going to happen sooner than later.

It's so hard to know what will happen. I was 35w1d. Went to the OB that morning for a check up as he was going out of town for a week, and he said all looks good and he'll see me when he gets back. Later that afternoon, my water broke and I had dd the next morning. I remember when my water broke, walking around my house dripping and leaving puddles everywhere while packing my bag for the hospital. It all worked out though. They come when they come, you know!

I think you're getting closer, it's becoming more real that it's going to happen, and this is what's on your mind, but I think it will all be okay whether baby comes early, on time (do they ever!?) or late. Good luck with the glucose test.

Found out baby is at the 40% percentile for growth. Which is a relief and similar to my daughter. I'm still gaining more weight than I want, but at least I know baby's growth is not running amuck because I haven't been better about what I'm eating. The last time I was at 200 lbs (but not pregnant) my sugars were high and within the pre-diabetic range. And my grand-mother's both struggled with diabetes later in life. It's something I worry about.

I'm hoping for normal sugar levels on my glucose test.

Thanks for the reassurance Scout and the reminder that baby will come (most likely) when baby is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->