• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried about an episiotomy

you can ask to not have an episiotomy. your body will naturally tear on its own if there's not enough room for baby to come out. last time my doctor said he refused to cut unless it was absolutely necessary because your body heals better when you tear than when you are cut. i had a second degree tear didn't feel it when i tore or had many issues after. witch hazel and lidocaine was my best friend for a couple days but i've heard people that were cut took longer to heal. not sure the truth in it but this time i'm hopin to tear naturally again instead of the episiotomy

Your body will not always naturally tear sometimes it just will not tear at all and this is what happened with my eldest, maybe eventually I would have just torn but he was getting very distressed and his apgar scores were very low when he was born; had he been in there a minute longer it could have been far more serious. Also positioning is good and does really help as many people have been saying, but with my eldest I had severe SPD so since week 17 of the pregnancy I had been unable to walk properly and had to stay as immobile as possible, I simply wasn't able to do squats etc during labour and it may have led to more permanent damage even if I was able to xx

I didn't tear enough naturally. After 3 hours of pushing I gave them permission to cut me and that they did. I was cut from one end to the other and had probably 25 stitches some inside and some outside. I had tore already but it was t enough. And he came out immediately after and it was the best thing I could have done. I should have told them to do it before. My son was 9 lbs 14 ounces though. Not gonna lie recovery was kind of difficult but nothing I couldn't handle. A saueeze bottle and sitz baths did the trick. After Going to the bathroom number two I would hurt a bit for the first four months (i was literally cut all the way back to there) but that was the only thing that was a problem after the first week or so. I had sex at 6 weeks pp and now you'd never know anything happened down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->