Worried about bump size

Layla

Reaction score
Me again lol

ha ha im constantly moaning... sorry!

I am getting worried about my bump size, i had Coby at 39 weeks and was 57 inches round (if i remember right)

Im 34 weeks now and im already 54 inches round, only 3 more inches untill i match Coby and i still have another 5 or 6 weeks left.

Up untill my last appointment i was messureing right for dates, im due to see my midwife again tomorrow so i will tell her about my conserns, if when she messures me im spot on for dates still then i have to trust her i guess and out it down to layers of choccy lol

I just dont want another 9lb baby, Coby got stuck coming out and the pain was horrible.

Wobbles, whats your bump size, have you gone up any since last time?

x

I can't find my tape measure Layla Im pissed off! i did some string and I think it was between 49-50 but honestly can't say its going to be right. I measure 34 weeks with MW last week though and was 33 ....

what are the measurments with where you should be?

I think I am going to have a big baby as I was 10 even and he was almost 9, and I feel like I am getting big but I could be wrong.
Some people have told me that it doesn't matter how big I/he was, the baby could be completely different.. and some people told me I still look small for my week but I just have no idea.

Layla unless your midwife is concerned I treally wouldn't stress about it. There are so many factors in bump size,position of baby,amount of fluid etc. My bumpis bigger this time round and at my scan I was told I had a good amount of fluid. I would personally stop measuring, as it sounds like its causing you to worry more. I never measure my bump, and I haven't weighed myself in ages as I know I am eating sensibly, and my midwife says things are spot on.

Hi Layla,

I was measuring 5cm ahead the last 4 weeks of pregnancy and got sent for a growth scan who said all was ok and she wasn't overly big and fluid was fine.

Anyhow like you both my children got stuck and were back to back and Lucy was 9lb 7oz not big to some but I felt every bit of it.:hissy:

If you are concerned raise it with MW, what are you measuring pubic bone to top of bump as that is what they go on?

not long now hun, I can sympathise with the getting stuck-not a pleasant experience. Was he forceps/ventousse delivered?

hugs xxxx

Coby was 9lbs 7oz too Kx, i think thats a wopper of a size!

I was lucky, i didnt need an assited delivary, it was his shoulders that got stuck so the midwifes wiggled him out, he was brusied badly tho, all his face and arm. they put in my notes mild dis something, cant remember what they called it now.

Im messureing in inches around my bump, not the fundal height, i leave that to my midwife incase i get the markers wrong. Last time i got seen i was messureing spot on for how many weeks i was, wehre as Coby i was messureing big right from the start.

Will find out today if im still on track or wether he is big, it might be that all teh choccy im eating has done it and its not the baby atall lol

Cant help but worry tho, i told Jase last night that i was worried in case i was having another big one and i didnt want to go through that again coz of Cobys birth, and he said, oh well at least its your last lol gee Thanks! :rofl:

x

messureing 34cm so still bang on track, no big baby.....malteasers has alot to answer for! lol

x

i had a huge growth spurt from 19 weeks to 22
at 19 was measuring 17 and then at 22 was measuring 25

she said it was like 8cm growth in 4 weeks

i'll find out tomorow if im still measuring ahead (i'll be 26 weeks and 3 days)

i was measuring 1cm ahead and callum was 10lb 1 lol, he was well hidden!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->