Worried about ectopic/miscarriage

thinkpink24

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know i i wrote before about worry of an ectopic pregnancy. I had some symptoms that were very worrying to me. Well all back/pelvic/thigh pain subsided, and all has been okay for the last week, until today. Every time i wipe i have very watery looking blood, with little specs of dark red. Did anyone else have an ectopic/miscarriage start this way? Or would i know if it was those as it would start super heavy? I am not sure if i should go to the ER or not. I have been trying to not worry, especially as i see my gyno next friday for my first prenatal, but i have never had this until now, and it is starting to worry me a bit. I am currently 7 weeks

Hi all,

I know i i wrote before about worry of an ectopic pregnancy. I had some symptoms that were very worrying to me. Well all back/pelvic/thigh pain subsided, and all has been okay for the last week, until today. Every time i wipe i have very watery looking blood, with little specs of dark red. Did anyone else have an ectopic/miscarriage start this way? Or would i know if it was those as it would start super heavy? I am not sure if i should go to the ER or not. I have been trying to not worry, especially as i see my gyno next friday for my first prenatal, but i have never had this until now, and it is starting to worry me a bit. I am currently 7 weeks

Every ectopic can be different hun. I had heavy bleeding and cramps when af was dues with mine but I know women that had no bleeds at all. After the initial bleed I had no pain up until surgery at 8 weeks.

If you are 7 weeks there's a very good chance they could confirm a uterine pregnancy at this point if your able to get a scan. If they can see at least a gestational sac with a yolk you will know it's not ectopic and maybe you could even see the heartbeat!

If it were me I would go to the ER and get checked out, just in case. <3

I'd call your doctor at the very least and request an ultrasound. Usually if you say you are suspicious of an ectopic, they'll get you in ASAP. Was your pain all on one side or was it all over? If it was one-sided, then I would for sure go in to wherever you can be seen first. But, spotting is actually quite common during the first trimester so it could turn out to be nothing. I should add, though, that a few of my miscarriages started out like you describe. I've had 8 losses and some started with full on bleeding, cramping, clotting, everything over in a few hours. Others started with minor spotting, no pain, and took 3-4 days to finish. I'm sure you'd like to know what's going on either way but it's up to you. I don't usually advocate for going to the ER for a suspected miscarriage but since you've had symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy, I'm making an exception. If you are concerned, I'd go in.

I went to the ER and they did another transvaginal and said they can't see anything still. It was extremely uncomfortable, and since i have started bleeding more, with more clots. They just told me there was nothing they could do and to go home and rest and try and see my gyno earlier, but the office told me she can't see me until my appointment on the 27, but it really isn't looking good. It just surprises me there is nothing they can do

I went to the ER and they did another transvaginal and said they can't see anything still. It was extremely uncomfortable, and since i have started bleeding more, with more clots. They just told me there was nothing they could do and to go home and rest and try and see my gyno earlier, but the office told me she can't see me until my appointment on the 27, but it really isn't looking good. It just surprises me there is nothing they can do

That worries me hun. They didn't see a gestational sac even? Are your levels still rising or do you know? If your levels are lowering it could be a mc but if they are rising that could be an ectopic:nope: I think they should have made sure either way instead of sending you on your way. Just make sure to go back in or to emergency care if you get any ectopic symptoms hun. Take care of your self and I'm sorry you are going through this:hugs:

To be honest, i found them super rude. I got the distinct feeling that the doctor who originally saw me thought i was making a big thing out of nothing, because i kept saying it was watery red when i wiped, and he kept saying well is it not just spotting, and i was like no! I have severe cramps and passed a clot, it is not just spotting. I just knew it was going to get worse, and after the transvaginal scan it did. Then i guess the doctor who i originally saw had finished his shift, so another doctor came in and just said we can't do anything, and to go to the obgyn, because they don't test hcg levels at their facility, and i thought i highly doubt as an ER you can't test levels. So, they sent me on my way, and basically told me it could either be that i am a lot earlier along than i thought, or this could be a threatened miscarriage, or turn into a real one. Honestly though, even if i am earlier than i thought, the blood and cramps clearly are not normal.

To be honest, i found them super rude. I got the distinct feeling that the doctor who originally saw me thought i was making a big thing out of nothing, because i kept saying it was watery red when i wiped, and he kept saying well is it not just spotting, and i was like no! I have severe cramps and passed a clot, it is not just spotting. I just knew it was going to get worse, and after the transvaginal scan it did. Then i guess the doctor who i originally saw had finished his shift, so another doctor came in and just said we can't do anything, and to go to the obgyn, because they don't test hcg levels at their facility, and i thought i highly doubt as an ER you can't test levels. So, they sent me on my way, and basically told me it could either be that i am a lot earlier along than i thought, or this could be a threatened miscarriage, or turn into a real one. Honestly though, even if i am earlier than i thought, the blood and cramps clearly are not normal.

Yes I'd have to agree it's not normal you having pain and bleeding. It is surprising to me too they can't check your levels...very disappointing.when is your visit with your obgyn?

They couldn't see anything at 7 weeks? Any way you got your dates wrong?

I'd call your doctor and tell him/her that the ER wasn't helpful at all, and you'd like to know asap what's going on. So sorry this is happening! :hugs:

Well i thought they counted from the last period which was oct 31 for me, but the only day we tried was nov 17

I'm sorry the doctor wasn't more helpful. I'm amazed they didn't check your levels. It's possible you aren't as far along as they think or it's a missed miscarriage so the baby stopped growing at a point where it's too small to see yet but I'm very surprised they didn't do everything they could to rule out an ectopic. I hope everything subsides and you can enjoy the holidays at least. But as the other poster said, watch out for one sided pain or shoulder pain and go back if you have either. I'm sorry you are going thru this. The wait is never easy. I'll be thinking of you and praying everything turns out alright. :hugs:

I called the OBGYN and they said they couldn't see me any sooner because there are no available appointments, and i know people are busy, but i told them what was going on and felt a bit uncared for because most OBGYN's will see you asap if there is a problem, so i called my second choice OBGYN, and spoke to the nurse who said let me speak with the doc and get back with you. She sounded very caring and concerned. So she called me back and said the doctor said it does sound like a miscarriage, but they want me to come in tomorrow and test my hormone levels, and then again on monday to see if they are increasing, and then they will do a follow up a few days later to see if i am okay, and to tell me what is going on, and clean anything out if i am miscarrying. So for once i feel like someone cares and is doing their job properly!

What a relief that someone is taking care of you. At least you will find out what's going on now. Very pleased you found an office that actually grabbed a doctor to ask..often times you only get the window witch who doesn't want to stay late (insert rolling eyes). I really hope it's nothing serious and maybe as a previous poster said there may be a descrepancy with your dates? Thinking of you and will look for an update.

Glad you got to talk to someone who cares and things are getting done to see what's going on. Will be thinking of you.

Please let us know the outcome, when you're able to find out what is going on.

I feel very sad that the ER didn't treat your situation with more urgency...an ectopic pregnancy is a life-threatening event, and is the #1 cause of maternal death during pregnancy. I'm not saying that to frighten you, but honestly, the staff at your ER really didn't handle it well, and absolutely should have ordered hcg beta tests immediately.

Praying that you have an answer soon.

So i went back today to get my second hcg testing. They just called me to confirm my appointment for thur with the OBGYN, and said my first reading was 214, and they would tell me todays on thur. When i went to the ER on Dec 9, my hcg results were 209, so it sounds to me as if they were going up, and now are going down, or they have gone up 5 in 2 weeks which obviously isn't right. Would anyone suspect ectopic? I guess i will find out thur anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->