Worried about my 1 month old... :( What is she doing?

Ashley8806

Reaction score
The past few days she keeps grunting and almost crying, gets red, and it seems like she is trying to poop. Sometimes she farts, sometimes she poops.... but it's still soft and everything so I don't understand why she is having such a hard time? I feel so bad for her, it's like it really hurts her :(

They do this as they haven't quite got the hang of it yet, they haven't quite learnt how to relax their muscles. I used to feel so sorry for my baby but I'm sure it doesn't hurt them too badly, my baby smiles now when he goes!

Well she always just went before, so it just scares me that she's struggling so much to go now. It keeps us up at night becuase even though she's sleeping, she's constantly grunting and wining and once in a while screams out :(

i was worried bout my lo not pooping my midwife sed to give a oz of cooled boiled water, personally i didnt as lo pooped the next day. our health visitor sed bf babies can do a week without pooing x

Go to the doctors and ask if you're worried but my baby didnt do it straight away, then started and if his tummy so much as gurgled he squirmed, jerked, groaned and woke up! He still sqirms and jerks sometimes in his sleep even now in the morning before he wakes to poo or if he has a burp. Unless her poo is foamy or green or has blood in it I would think nothings really wrong x

This is an extract from kellymom.com:

Popular treatments for gas in babies

Time
For most babies, the number one most effective treatment for gas is TIME. Babies are born with an immature digestive system, and it needs time to mature. Until this happens, baby is likely to be gassy no matter what you do. Some babies "wake up" around 3-4 weeks to all the new GI sensations they are feeling and get really unhappy about it. If you cannot find an apparent cause for your baby's gassiness, he probably just needs a little more time to mature.

Thanks guys - she still goes numerous times a day, so I know she's not constipated. We have an appointment to check her weight tomorrow so I guess I'll just ask then :flower:

completely normal! Babies intestines are new, and do take a lot of concentration! Often its just wind that makes them grunt!

Well she always just went before, so it just scares me that she's struggling so much to go now. It keeps us up at night becuase even though she's sleeping, she's constantly grunting and wining and once in a while screams out :(

My LO did this, it drove me mad, she would usually start about 4 in the morning! And that was in between feedings too so it was pretty exhausting. I wondered if it was something i ate but no, then i wondered if she needed winding better, but to be honest not much helped, apart from winding her better but only just. The last few nights she has magically got better, so now im thinking it was something she just had to grow out of?:wacko:Long may it continue!:thumbup:

my LO does this too.. she doesnt cry or seem like shes in too much pain but shell be grunting for like 5 minutes straight acting like shes pooping and sometimes she really poops and sometimes shes doesnt

hey my baby does this to i put this legs i the air some times it works x

My lo does this too! She gets quite scared almost of what's happening but when it comes out she's not constipated at all. Bless them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->