Worried about my cycle... no ewcm

amyclaire

TTC late July 2010 :D
Reaction score
I'm getting a bit worried as i dont remember seeing any ewcm for quite a while. ive had 4 cycles since 4 july 09 when i came off cerazette.
im on cd17, and have had kind of milky/sticky cm for the past 3 days.
not ttc til next year but i just want to know what my body is doing...

so the questions are..
-why no ewcm?? should i just not panic and carry on waiting assuming its going to be another long cycle and i wont be ovulating for a bit?

-last cycle was nearly 70 days long - does this mean i still ovulated 14 days before even though it was such a long cycle?

am i definitely ovulating?

im getting really worried that my body's just not doing things right :(
please help!xxxx

The only was to see is to get some OPK's. Not every one produced EWCM.

Hey hun,

I dont suppose you could help me out... but EWCM, do you mean like Cooked egg white or raw Egg white? Its something thats always confused me.

Im sorry you're body is playing tricks. OPK's could be the way forward... you appear to have long cycles like me. ive only had them since coming off the pil (in June)... I'm hoping that my body sorts it self out in the next month.. perhaps if u dont want to do OPk's you should consider seeing the doc, just for a casual check up.

I really hope you get it down to a T hun.. (And sorry for my random question..)

xxx

if you have had a long cycle before could be your in for a long cycle again and your still settling drow from the pill.

how are you checking your cm, toilet paper?? some women dont produce enough to be seen externaly when you wipe,
i know its gross but the best way to check is internally, fertillity friend gives good tutorials on how to do it.

Are you drinking enough water? Lack of water / hydration is one of biggest reasons why there could be a lack of EWCM.

If you're really worried you could chart your cycle for a couple of months to ease your mind.

Lou: it's raw eggwhite.

Amy: It probably just means that your body is still getting back into the swing of things. A year is plenty of time for things to sort themselves out so don't worry. There is no way of telling whether you ovulated in your 70day cycle without having charted temps or tested. But if you did then it was about 12 days before AF despite the long cycle. If you're nervous about your cycles I'd recommend temp charting. There's also different teas that are supposed to help your body self-regulate, like raspberry leaf for example. Might be worth a try?

im checking internally right up near the cervix. had slightly ewcm last night so i got my hoeps up a bit, but now today its gone really milky and fairly lumpy :s

thanks for the advice. i think il get opks, and drink lots more water and try raspberry leaf tea as well.
i'll do my best to temp next month as well :)

lou - what pill were u on before then? same here, i had entirely normal cycles before i was on the pill, from what i remember! xxxx

Thanks for that hun.. Im not sure ive had any...

I was on a number of different ones... Firstly Cilest, then Dianette and then Yasmin... Tbh i never want to go on BCP ever again.. its screwed my body up something awful!!

I'm going to book in with the dr in the next week or so... I know you've already been in the past, but I shall keep u informed about what they say...

If you're worried still hun, i would definately seek medical advice... i'd rather know now what im facing fertility wise rather then when im TTC.

PM me if u want to chat hun.

xxx

thanks - yeah let me know what they say :) i'll try and remember to leave u a message to remind you to tell me :p

i'll head for the doctors if this cycle carries on towards 70 days like the last did. silly silly pill :( xxxx

I think only your doctor will be able to tell you if you're ovulating hun :hug:

Hi hun :hugs: Don't worry might just be another long cycle and some ladies dont get EWCM, I get a very small amount and its not totally eggwhiteish its sort of like a creamy gloop :haha:
Just get some cheapie OPK's thats the best way to detect it, since checking CM never worked for me, but OPK's did.

could have bought opks on my lunch break today :dohh:
ahh well!

so it is fairly normal to stop getting ewcm even when previously had it on the pill, and before the pill?xxxx

You might just be having another long cycle. I had weird cycles for quite awhile after coming off the pill. I don't always get EWCM every cycle, sometimes I only get watery around ovulation time.

If you want some ovulation tests, I got a bargain today.

I want to start charting once I get my implant out, so I just bought some ovulation test strips from home health uk online. I got 50 strips and 10 pregnancy test strips for less than £10 including postage. They supply the NHS so they must be ok. They are no-frills, but they should do the trick.

Anybody tried them? Would be interested to hear if they are rubbish!

thanks nona - will be interested if people had tried them before. will have a look on the website now though xxxx

I would start temping if I were you. It can help you determine if you are ovulating or not and it is a nice tool to have with you when you go to the doctor. I also had really long cycles and was concerned when we started to ttc that I was not ovulating. By using fertility friend, I have been able to determine that I am ovulating. Good luck!!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->