worried about OH producing his sample!

wanabeamama

Reaction score
hello ladies so i was told on monday that my endo and ovarian cyst have come back very quickly i only had a lap in feb and my cyst is 6 cm already so my gne has decided my only hope is to do another lap followed directly by IVF, so im very upset about going through another op i had a rough time last time, also nervous about going through ivf but..... my main worry is my OH, im worried he wont be able to produce on demand sorry for the tmi but even at home it takes him a long time to ejaculate, he was asked to provide a sample for testing back in august but he has still been unable to produce it esspecially as it is for clinical purpose,
i have just read somthing about some type of special condom that he can use during intercourse and it will keep the swimmers safe has anyone tried or herd anything about them??

any info or help will be very much appreciated:coffee:

depending on how far away from the clinic you live he will more than likely need to give the sample at the clinic as it needs to be fresh.

that said, you could always arrange to arrive early to take the time pressure off or even attend another day prior to egg collection and freeze a sample.

i would suggest he at least practices producing a sample between now and your cycle so he doesn't pressurise himself too much.

thanks nell we dont live far from the clinic but its the thought of doing it for a purpose rather than pleasure that gives him a bit of stage fright so to speak lol
wow the whole thing is a little overwelming for the both of us at the moment the fact i have to go through surgery just before it is just adding to the anxioty of everything im sure it will settle down before the big day.

thanks again

ps have you done IVF?

Yes, we've done 2 rounds, fingers crossed we'll be lucky with round 3.

I got my DH to practice producing a sample at home in the plastic cup - he wasn't worried about producing on demand but i was concerned he'd miss the cup!

:rofl: scared he'd miss the cup :rofl:
Wow fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky when do you start round 3?

I know, he thought i was nuts too :)

Not sure when we start, i get cysts afer IVF so i have to wait a few cycles for thos to go and my body to return to normal - hopefully before Christmas though.

Good luck with your cycle

FX it's before Xmas mine will most likely be jan/feb after I had my lap I have a big cyst and endo removed first I'm so scared about the ivf :/

I was worried about my dh having this problem too as he can go for hours! haha.
He managed to do it within 10 mins on the day of our EC as he knew how important it was and bare in mind that our men have to abstain for 4 days so they are probs relieved to do it ;-) Good luck xxx

I was worried about my dh having this problem too as he can go for hours! haha.
He managed to do it within 10 mins on the day of our EC as he knew how important it was and bare in mind that our men have to abstain for 4 days so they are probs relieved to do it ;-) Good luck xxx

Thanks that's good to hear my OH can go for hours too lol when did you do the ivf??

haha. we are lucky girls :)
We have just done IVF and i had my embryo transfer today so we are in the 2ww now and praying for a BFP! Good luck to u xxx

Omg omg omg good luck I have every thing crossed :hugs:
Yes we are lucky girls lol

So what do you class as 1dpo is it from ER or ET??? once you get half way through it will go quick :hugs:

You count 1dpo as the day after egg collection so today i am 2dp2dt i think... lol
Yep i think the 2nd wk will go faster! well im hoping. lol.
Its so exciting but soooo nerve wrecking too! xxx

Mr Urch did actually miss the cup one time - silly sod didnt tell them, he just scraped as much as he could up off the floor with his finger!

I imagine if is I'm already nervous and I havnt even got a date yet lol I have got the date for my pre op appointment though for 3rd November :/
Oooo I can't wait for you test date are you going to wait till the two weeks are up or test before?

Mr Urch did actually miss the cup one time - silly sod didnt tell them, he just scraped as much as he could up off the floor with his finger!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hahaha how did the result turn out???

I imagine if is I'm already nervous and I havnt even got a date yet lol I have got the date for my pre op appointment though for 3rd November :/
Oooo I can't wait for you test date are you going to wait till the two weeks are up or test before?

Well my offical OTD is 3rd Nov BUT... il be testing on Halloween to see if we have a lil pumpkin on board:haha: xxx

not well I'm afraid - don't think the troops enjoyed landing on the floor :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"