Worried About Possible Infertility

bethneebabe

Mum to 2 Angels
Reaction score
:wacko: Okay. So I am freaking out a little bit right now and I thought I would come to you ladies for some perspective. I have been on BCP since I was 18. I went on because I was only getting my period twice a year. Instead of my period becoming more regular over time, it became more infrequent. I went on BCP because I had an elevated testosterone level that my GYN thought was the reason behind my missing periods.

So 8 years later, my OH and I are looking to TTC Fall 2010/Early 2011. I have talked to my GYN about my worries but she said that my hormone levels may have fixed themselves since I have matured but we wont know until I go off the pill. My OH and I talked about me getting off my BCP this summer since he is almost done with law school (with no job yet) and my job is kinda shaky due to a merger at work. I also have a latex allergy so regular condoms aren't an option right now.

I know that now is not a good time to go off my BCP but it is driving me CRAZY :loopy: because I feel like I need to know ASAP if I will have an issue ovulating. I don't want to find this out after TTC for a year.

Infertility has been a big worry for me for a while. My mom/aunts/grandmothers have gotten pregnant at the drop of a hat (frequently unplanned!) so my mom doesn't think I have anything to worry about.

Thoughts please!!!!!

You could try the family planning method and use lamb skin condoms in the meantime. They aren't as effective but with temping you could probably figure it out when you are fertile or not. I was also on the pill for 8 years and it took me 8 months for my cycle to regulate/come back. Every woman is different though. Good luck.:hugs: I wish I had a better solution for you.

See if you can find a copy of Toni Weschlers "Taking charge of your fertility". It's a very good book on natural family planning and also has chapters on problems with conceiving. About your latex allergy: there are now really good latex free condoms (try Skyn for example). I think it's understandable you're worried so I'd come off the pill asap. That way if your cycles aren't back to normal in a few months you can take steps to get them regulated.

I agree, if you think its going to be that much of an issue why not come off it and start using condoms for a few months, that way you can still start tracking your cycles and if everything is infact ok it'll give you a heads up when its time to TTC

They have condoms that are not made of latex, but another material. (Forgotten what it's called sorry.) but in the UK, there the same price as latex condoms. So you could always use them?
And I don't blame you for wanting to come off it and seeing. I thought I couldn't have any children as well for different reasons (I had severe periods, sorry tmi but lots of blood clots, could pretty much only lie in bed when i had them etc.) but three months of coming off the pill I was pregnant. :) Don't worry babes I'm sure you'll be okay! x

I would definately feel the same as you and want to come off the pill asap. As the other posters have said, try latex free or the copper IUD maybe?

Hi!

I am sure everything will be fine and you will have nothing to worry about - your hormones will probably have settled down since your teenage years.

Something you could do at the moment, like PP said, is tracking your cycles. If you come off BCP, you could use temping (taking your body basal temperature) and using opks to monitor when in the month you are ovulating.

Good luck when baby making time comes, I hope you get a speedy BFP!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"