Worried about repeated MMC

Thanks Sweetkat. I keep trying to tell myself not to worry, but there is family history of miscarriage and chromosomal abnormalities that worries me. My aunt, who I am very much like, had 12 miscarriages and no successful pregnancies. My mother had 3 miscarriages and two living children, but my brother was born with a trisomy (13, very rare). I have a first cousin with Down's Syndrome. I was tested as a child and my parents were assured I don't carry anything to increase my chances of having a child with chromosomal abnormalities, but it is hard for me to accept that all of the above were just flukes. Knowing that those abnormalities are often what cause miscarriages just makes me very nervous.

Trying4first1 - I know we all look for symptoms, but they really don't mean much. I had a week of quaesiness last time and miscarried. My friend who was pregnant at the same time had the easiest first tri ever. She didn't have a single symptom other than a positive test. She is happily 21 weeks along now.

Sweetkat - it sounds like you have a wonderful doctor. She sounds so nice and reassuring. You are very lucky to have found her. I hope she makes first tri a little easier for you.

Karoolia, it must be hard knowing that your mum and aunt had miscarriages but that could be a coincidence. Until recently the woman was always blamed, and it is only recently that the male factor was more understood - i.e. Just because the man got you pregnant doesn't mean he has good genetic material - I read about it because of my OH.

If both you and your OH have normal karytyopes then it is not a genetic predisposition to miscarriages. Nowadays there is also IVF with ICSi with PGS as a last resort - where only normal embryos are transferred and that way you know theee is no chance of a baby with trisomy.

Big hugs

Thanks Sweetkat :hugs:

I really appreciate it. I know I should listen to the odds and know chances are good that things will turn out well. Sometimes I just get so bogged down in my worries. Thank you for your kind words.

Sorry ladies I've been absent. Had a hard couple of days with the anxiety but much better today.
Started getting nausea last night. 6+ 3 today. Been nauseous all day but it's manageable at the moment as still mild. Still eating ok for now.
Only 3 days until my scan. So so nervous.
I know symptoms don't mean a thing, whether you have them or not. I don't know why I make myself worry.
Everyone had a good weekend!?

Hello ladies, hello trying.

I can totally empathise with the anxiety. I am 7&4 but last MMC I had a perfect scan at 8 weeks, so until I get to 12 weeks and all the tests for abnormalities are fine I am just pregnant until further notice....

It's really hard. I have all the symptoms and I haven't had bleeding, but I haven't with other MMcs either. Just counting down the days until 12 weeks, to top it off I will be 12 weeks on my DD's birthday. So it's either going to be a great day or (more likely) a very awful one.

I also have another scan on Tuesday, so just one day away.

Good luck with your scan Trying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->