Worried about supply, wonder weeks

Snufflepop

Reaction score
Hi all,
DD is 12 weeks and seems to be going through a super fussy period which looks like it could be the 12 week wonder week.
She is EBF but the last few days she is really fussing at feeds. She will really resist latching on by looking around and then arching back away from me. I know she is hungry because when she finally latches she feeds but the overall amount she is taking has dropped quite considerably. I have to cover her with muslin to get her to feed at all during the day as she is just too distracted.
I'm a bit worried that she isn't getting enough and that this lack of feeding is going to start affecting my supply if it goes on much longer. Am I being paranoid?
Anyone else experience this? Any tips?

Thank you!

She is probably much more efficient at feeding now so she may not be getting less.

My DD went all of a sudden from taking 45+ minutes to feed to under 5! Panicked me for a while but she's always grown perfect so it must've been ok.

I also used to have huge battle setting her to feed even though I knew she was hungry. Could well be a wonder week.

When they fuss at the breast it is actually their way of building your supply. One of my lactation consultants describes it as them "talking to your pituitary gland telling it to make more milk." Amazing how that works. One of the hardest parts of breastfeeding is always questioning supply, but try not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->