Worried about uterus height...?

tripleccc

Reaction score
So I started feeling for my uterus at about 15 weeks and I found it in between my belly button and pubic bone. Well, I am 18 weeks tomorrow and my uterus is at exactly the same height...
I thought it was supposed to be higher by now. Can't help but worry that my baby isn't growing? Anyone know why it would be in the same spot? Thanks

It should be around 2 finger widths below your belly button at 18 weeks, but women all have different shape/length bodies. Also the height you feel it can vary depending on how full your bladder is and if you're bloated/gassy etc. If you're at all worried, speak to your midwife. That's what they're there for, but chances are everything is going great. Good luck and keep us updated xxxxxx

Your uterus doesn't grow by excessive amounts per week. I'm sure all is well sweetie. Definitely check with your midwife but honestly, I think you're fine xx Mine is right at my belly button at 16 weeks and it still is. As said above, so many things can change it. Plus baby really isn't taking up all that space yet, so where you can feel it can even change on their position. I know when I'm laying down and bub moves up to the top, its more like halfway between my belly button and rib cage :)

It should be around 2 finger widths below your belly button at 18 weeks, but women all have different shape/length bodies. Also the height you feel it can vary depending on how full your bladder is and if you're bloated/gassy etc. If you're at all worried, speak to your midwife. That's what they're there for, but chances are everything is going great. Good luck and keep us updated xxxxxx

I like your baby's name! Cassia Aurora That's so pretty. :)

I like your baby's name! Cassia Aurora That's so pretty. :)

Thanks Skye! Xxxxx

Not every women will carry the same way, every pregnancy is different. I'm nearly 18 weeks and baby is still definitely below my bellybutton as that's where I always find the heartbeat, baby is still so tiny and this point. I'm sure all is well, I know it's hard not to worry and overanalyze everything though xx

Thanks ladies. I just find it strange that my uterus is still that low at 18 weeks and that it hasn't moved at all :( belly isn't growing either. I'm just so impatient and wanna make sure everything is going okay

I went to my midwife today who explained to me that they don't go "18 weeks should be 18cm" anymore. Each growth chart is tailored to the pregnant woman and it takes into account your height, weight, race and previous measurements but they aren't supposed to start charting until 24-25 weeks because it's a better indication then, before it's all a bit hit and miss. But call up your midwife if you're still anxious

Please dont worry...mine is always lower than text book. I have a retroverted uterus and even at 38 weeks I only measure 33cm as thats how I carry them. Growth scan shows all ok.
Remember every one is different.

My uterus tends to measure as 'expected' more or less, until the last few weeks when baby drops and is head down, then they seem to measure small.
At 38 weeks with my first, they said baby seemed small and we may need a growth scan. She was born the next day weighing 7lb 2oz.
Late on with my son they measured me and said he would be a 'very average size'. He was born at 41+4 weighing 9lb 10.5oz.
My last pg, towards the end they said I was measuring a few weeks behind, but I wasn't concerned due to past pgs. She arrived at 41+1 weighing 8lb 3oz.
I fully expect to measure smaller later on in this pg too, and unless it was an obvious difference I wouldn't be concerned. Midwives measuring that way are hit and miss at best, and so many things can affect it. I wouldn't panic or worry, but tell them your concerns and ask for their reassurance xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->