worried about work.

anna_t

Reaction score
Right. Im 17 weeks pregnant, I had my first scan yesterday which went fine.
I got 2 jobs as a cleaner. One being during the day between 9 and 1 and the other one between 3.30-6.00. I told my supervisor at my afternoon job some time ago that i was pregnant. But I never said anything to my other supervisor until yesterday after the scan. One of the reason I havent told her is because i dont trust her. If i would have told her she would tell everyone else in the building + I dont really like her at all, if i could i wouldnt have told her at all and let her find out by herself instead.
I didnt want to say anything to her before i had the scan to make sure everything was ok.
I texted her saying im pregnant, i know i shouldnt really have texted her when telling her, but i just wanted it over and done with and i didnt want to tell her in person. She was trying to call me last night several times and left me a couple of messages on the answer phone. Not congratulating me but saying "call me back now, i really NEED to talk to you, its very important".
Now im feeling worried about all this. I know for a fact the only reason she called me is either to tell me I SHOULD have told her before or something similiar.. Im also worried she will ask me why i texted her and not telling her on monday.
Im jsut really worried and nervous about it all now and i wish i didnt say anything until monday (but i just wanted to get it over and done with).
Did i do it all wrong or not? Can she do anything?

Sorry for the long text.

a bit of an update:
Ive been looking around on internet about my rights and all that. And what i found was that I dont even have to tell my employer until 15 weeks before my due date counting from the sunday before the date.
SO, if my supervisor gets angry and say something about the way I told her, I will just say that I dont even have to notify you until sometime in march if I wanted to. Looks like Im kind of covered. And then she can say whatever she wants to about the text message.

Feeling alot more at ease now :) yay... can enjoy my weekend now. And I will not answer any phone calls if my supervisor calls me during the weekend.

Your right about not having to tell her till 15 weeks before due date. If she sacks you you have a case for unfair dismissal. Why dont you just call her back. It maynot be anything bad, and it will stoip you from worrying

She rang again today and I answered. I thought I had better get it over and done with as it was worrying me.
It actually really surprised me that the only thing she said was that we have to do a risk assesment on monday which i knew anyway and also that I should have told her before because im not allowed to clean the toilets (with the chemicals being used), i knew something like that was gonna come up. I just replied to her we wanted to keep it quiet and not tell anyone until we had the first scan and knew everything was ok.
She answered back saying she would have kept it quiet.
I had to bite my tounge from saying "yeah right, we all know what happens if we tell you something personal".
Anyway, its all good and I didnt really have to worry about anything. Lol.

See told you it may not be bad. She maynot be caring but at least she is foillowing things by the book. Niow you can enjoy the weekend and go back to be excited about your scan and baby.

I know, im just one of these people who worries too much and I never learn :)
Having a wonderful lazy day today and tomorrow we will have a look around for baby clothes and probably ending up buying a few, YAY.
Cant stop looking at the picture we got yesterday, its wonderful. Cant wait to have my 20 week scan in february now.
This is all off topic now so thanks for your replies anyway.

hormones make us think and do crazy things hun!
hope you feel better
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"